HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Closed on the house today, so

by Cindi Haynes / March 19, 2004 5:50 AM PST

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to NC we go!

Things are likely to be crazy around here for the next 2 or 3 weeks, so if I don't get into SE to post much, it's cuz I'm busy, not cuz I'm dead. (Of course, after bein' so busy, I might be dead!)

Never been so happy to be homeless, jobless, and insuranceless. Wink

Cheerio,
Cindi

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Closed on the house today, so
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Closed on the house today, so
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Closed on the house today, so
by Josh K / March 19, 2004 5:52 AM PST

Hey, great! Congrats!

I forgot, where in NC? We're working on our move as well, hoping to find a job before we put the house on the market, or at least get a good feeling of confidence that there will be jobs to be had.

Collapse -
Josh, we gotta stop posting msgs at the exact same time! ;-) -nt
by Dan McC / March 19, 2004 5:53 AM PST

Collapse -
Mt. Airy, Josh.
by Cindi Haynes / March 19, 2004 5:58 AM PST

Quite a bit east of where y'all wanna be. (You were thinking Raleigh-Durham area, right?) Greg's already got lines on 2 jobs, so I'm not too concerned. He said he'll flip burgers if he has to until he finds what he wants.

Cindi

Collapse -
Re:Mt. Airy, Josh.
by Josh K / March 19, 2004 6:22 AM PST
In reply to: Mt. Airy, Josh.

That's right, specifically the town of Cary. We're hoping to eliminate most or all our mortgage as well. Best of luck! Hope we're next!

Collapse -
Re:Re:Mt. Airy, Josh.
by Cindi Haynes / March 19, 2004 6:49 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Mt. Airy, Josh.

Hi Josh,

I hope you're next, too! And maybe we can have a big party somewhere so all the NC folk can meet. Did you have relatives in Cary?

Cindi

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Mt. Airy, Josh.
by Josh K / March 20, 2004 2:08 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Re:Mt. Airy, Josh.

No relatives, just a few friends of friends. We first thought of the Raleigh/Durham area because of its perpetual top ranking on that "Best Places to Live" list, and also because it's an American Airlines hub and not too far by air from New York. More research and a couple of trips to the area narrowed us down to Cary, which is just to the southwest of Raleigh.

Collapse -
by Roger NC / March 19, 2004 7:41 AM PST

If I remember correctly without looking it up, Cary is a bit southeast of Raleigh.

Hmmm, that would put you about 3 1/2 hours maybe from Mt Airy, depending on traffic, I think, but only been that way once in recent years, so I could be off.

Mt Airy is not bad place from the two days I spent there. Short drive to the mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway going north into Virginia, near couple state parks too I think in the midwest and west of NC.

Not sure how much snow they get there. That would probably be near Bill's territory. If I've got him fixed in mind right, he's roughly hour and half from Mt Airy, southeast.

RogerNC

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) You're right, it's about an hour an a half last time I drove.
by Bill Osler / March 19, 2004 12:18 PM PST

Collapse -
by Dan Sprague / March 20, 2004 2:41 AM PST

Well welcome to Cary, I live about 40 minutes east of Cary in Mebane but my sis and family live in Cary.

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks Dan. I look forward to becoming a neighbor!
by Josh K / March 20, 2004 9:04 AM PST

Collapse -
You Go, Cindi! ! !
by Dan McC / March 19, 2004 5:52 AM PST

No home, no job, no insurance.

But at least you've got your mortgage!

Wink

Good luck!

Dan

Collapse -
Nope, no mortgage!
by Cindi Haynes / March 19, 2004 5:55 AM PST
In reply to: You Go, Cindi! ! !

We're buying outright with the profits from this one, so no more house payments!

That's probably good since we're homeless, jobless, and insuranceless! Wink

Cindi

Collapse -
You RULE! ! !
by Dan McC / March 19, 2004 6:02 AM PST
In reply to: Nope, no mortgage!

But what will you do for fun on the first of each month?

Grin

Dan

Collapse -
NT We'll think of SOMETHING! ;-)
by Cindi Haynes / March 19, 2004 6:50 AM PST
In reply to: You RULE! ! !
Wink
Collapse -
Go out to eat with part of the money you are saving. Glad for you Cindi! ;-) -nt
by Rosalie / March 19, 2004 10:25 PM PST

Collapse -
Re:Hey, thats the way to go Cindi,( I mean no mortage) Wish you the Best(nt)
by Rolway / March 19, 2004 6:20 AM PST
In reply to: Nope, no mortgage!

Collapse -
Re: best of luck Cindi... nt
by Mary Kay / March 19, 2004 6:36 AM PST

Collapse -
Great news!!!
by Angeline Booher / March 19, 2004 6:44 AM PST

I know it's always sorta hairy until the last signatures, and a check in hand!

You guys are off on a great adventure!

When the kids were young we used to move quite often becuase of job transfers . After we landed here 32 years ago, it took me a long time to realize that one needed to clean closets, wash windows, etc. Happy

BTW, after my move last year, I have been able to keep in freezer in my refrigerator uncluttered, so stuff doesn't fall out. Happy

Sure am happy for the Haynes family!

Keep in touch!

God Bless!

Angeline

Collapse -
Re:Closed on the house today, so
by Roger NC / March 19, 2004 7:42 AM PST
Collapse -
Shessh I'm braindead today, that should be Tarheel State.
by Roger NC / March 19, 2004 7:55 AM PST
Collapse -
Re:Closed on the house today, so -- best of luck on the move, Cindi...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / March 19, 2004 9:27 AM PST

... and the job and insurance hunt when you get there!

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
That's sooo scarrry! Aren't you scared? ;-) Well, you've always got us! :-) Best Luck. nt
by crowsfoot / March 19, 2004 5:03 PM PST

Collapse -
nt) GOODONYA. The hearts and souls from we in OZ wish you all the best. Yeehaa!!
by IanC_OZ / March 19, 2004 7:05 PM PST

Collapse -
Good luck Cindi and enjoy...it's always so nice to hear good news from SE...NT
by MzLee / March 19, 2004 9:52 PM PST

Collapse -
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone!
by Cindi Haynes / March 19, 2004 10:58 PM PST

I'll try to peek in a few times here and there, but if not, I'll see ya on the other side!

Cindi

Collapse -
Have a ball!
by Kiddpeat / March 20, 2004 12:00 AM PST

Hope everything works out for you.

Collapse -
Very happy for you Cindi - NC I gather stands for New York City I suppose - sorry I live in a different country :) NT
by SteveGargini / March 20, 2004 6:40 AM PST

NT

Collapse -
Re:Very happy for you Cindi - NC I gather stands for New York City I suppose - sorry I live in a different country :) NT

Hi Steve;

Perhaps I should explain. NC is about half way between NYC and FL on the east coast.

NC "North Carolina" is a nice Fresh Air, Good Food, Friendly type people, Country like State.

"New York City" on the other hand has pigeons that crap on you daily, looney toons begging for dollars on every corner and Cabbies that keep a score card on how many pedestrians they can run down.

Jest an observation by me in my travels thru both places.

George

Collapse -
Thanks George - You gave me a good chuckle about New York City - sounds like London over here :) NT

NT

Collapse -
Great News!
by Evie / March 20, 2004 10:52 PM PST

Very happy for you and Gregg, Cindi. Hope your move isn't too stressful and you can make it back for the occasional update from time to time. Sounds like NC might be overtaking TX as the most populous SE state before long!

Evie Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.