Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Clinton 'Pardon Brokerage' Targeted

Judicial Watch, a public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, filed a formal request with the U.S. Department of Justice, calling for a criminal investigation into the reported activities of Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and her brother, Anthony D. Rodham; former President Clinton, and Vonna Jo Gregory, former owner of the carnival company United Shows International.

"There is now sufficient reason . . . for the U.S. Department of Justice to launch an investigation into Mr. Rodham?s unlawful pardon brokerage activities,? Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton wrote in a letter to Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher. "It is . . . apparent that the reason for the payment of ?loans? to Mr. Rodham by United Shows and Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory was a quid pro quo to influence President Clinton to issue the pardons.?

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/10/12/125042.shtml

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the legal system although since it was initiated the media doesn't seem to be keeping up with it.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Clinton 'Pardon Brokerage' Targeted
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Clinton 'Pardon Brokerage' Targeted
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Has the AttY General taken any action? Been 3 months.

In reply to: Clinton 'Pardon Brokerage' Targeted

Collapse -
Been longer than that...

In reply to: Has the AttY General taken any action? Been 3 months.

as the Judicial Watch investigation was launched in January 2001 and in in July of 2006, Anthony Rodham was barred from accessing the $142,000 he had in his bank account.

In November Judicial Watch was awarded $25,000 "in final settlement of Judicial Watch?s ?Pardongate? lawsuit under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Judicial Watch received the award on November 21, 2006 to compensate the nonprofit educational organization for its attorney time and expense in challenging DOJ?s improper withholding of records regarding former President Clinton?s controversial, last-minute pardons." http://www.judicialwatch.org/6051.shtml

You can read more about it at this link (which has several links to specific actions).
http://www.judicialwatch.org/pgate.shtml

It doesn't reflect very well on either the Clinton Admin nor on the Bush Admin (apolitical legal matter) and is still ongoing although the media doesn't see it as newsworthy of anything but space filler material.

Collapse -
With the evidence...

In reply to: Been longer than that...

... that was said to have been presented to the Atty. General, one would think that it wouldn't take that long to verify, assuming it is verifiable.

I like Atty. General Gonzales, my favorite appointment. Thus I am moved to believe that had he considered it worthy of his time and the $$$$$$ from the taxpayers, he would have taken action. Or maybe he will later, but I believe it would be strictly for cause. Maybe, just maybe, he has bigger fish to fry than going after relatives of that family or them, which could be seen as politically motivated.

Anyway, I leave these sorts of things in the hands of those who know more than I do, so will not judge.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
I don't understand

In reply to: Been longer than that...

Why is the Bush administration so determined to withhold the documentation in spite of several rulings against him?

Diana

Collapse -
That is a rather poor question to ask me, ...

In reply to: I don't understand

but a real good one to ask all those biased "investigative reporters" such as Dan Rathers and Olberman who are not reporting on it.

Could it be that they don't want the public aware because they already know?

Collapse -
Why is the onus on Rather and Olberman?

In reply to: That is a rather poor question to ask me, ...

You make your comment as if they are responsible for all of journalism and it is upon them to lead the reporting of issues that you would like publicized?

What about Hume, O'Reily and Hannity?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!