Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Clinton checks into Presbyterian Hospital in NYC

reporting on CNN now, but no information available yet on what he's doing there (serious or not)...there was no indication that he was scheduled for some type of checkup so speculation is on-going that there is a problem of some sort.

TONI

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Clinton checks into Presbyterian Hospital in NYC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Clinton checks into Presbyterian Hospital in NYC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Live reporting on FNC is for surgery of some sort ...

In reply to: Clinton checks into Presbyterian Hospital in NYC

... heart they say.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Bypass surgery is what's being reported now

In reply to: Live reporting on FNC is for surgery of some sort ...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Just now revealed for heart bypass surgery

Collapse -
Just now revealed for heart bypass surgery

In reply to: (NT) Just now revealed for heart bypass surgery

I wish him a safe operation and a speedy recovery.

Collapse -
Apparently in the last day or so ...

... he went to a Westchester Co. hospital complaining of chest pains and has had an angioplasty already. He has now been transfered to Columbia Pres.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
oh my...

leaving aside all his other past foibles, did the cheeseburgers finally get him?

dw

Collapse -
I doubt it...heheheheh

In reply to: oh my...

Even total vegetarians have been shown to have high cholesterol levels. You get it from two sources...your food intake and your genetics from your family.

TONI

Collapse -
Re: I doubt it...heheheheh

In reply to: I doubt it...heheheheh

He's also been much more careful about his diet in recent years -- at least he says he has. I'm one of those people who can just look at an egg and see my cholesterol level go up. I hope things turn out all right. He seemed just fine at the DNC. Sad

Collapse -
Yes he was looking especially fit lately ...

In reply to: Re: I doubt it...heheheheh

... but also a possibility is that it's not cholesterol related. My FIL had two angioplasties and then triple bypass and his cholesterol was not elevated. I guess his blockages were due to degenerative scarring (?) or something like that.

Just saw on Dayside that the bypass on Clinton is to be quadruple bypass. My prayers are extended.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Re: Clinton checks into Presbyterian Hospital in NYC

NEW YORK, N.Y. ? Former President Bill Clinton will undergo heart bypass surgery after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath, his office said Friday.

Clinton was being admitted to New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia, a statement said. He had seen a doctor first on Thursday, and additional tests Friday revealed the need for the surgery, it said.
EMAIL THIS
PRINT THIS
MOST POPULAR

Clinton canceled a two-day joint trip with his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, across upstate New York.

The senator and the couple's daughter, Chelsea, will be with the former president in New York City, the statement said.

Clinton, 58, had a cancerous growth removed from his back shortly after leaving office in early 2001. It turned out to be basal cell carcinoma, the most treatable form of skin cancer. In 1996, he had had a precancerous lesion removed from his nose and a year before that had a benign cyst taken off his chest.

Other than that, Clinton has had the normal health problems that often accompany aging -- periods of slightly elevated cholesterol and hearing loss -- and an appetite for junk food. In 1997, he was fitted with hearing aids. He has also suffered from allergies.

In Little Rock, Ark., Clinton's mother-in-law, Dorothy Rodham, said Clinton had called her to tell her about his chest pains.

"He sounded wonderful as usual and very upbeat as he always is," she said. "I just told him how much I love him."

She said she didn't know if he was in the hospital when he called.

There was no official word on when the surgery would take place. A source said the surgery was not likely to take place Friday, but instead at a later date. CNN said that tests had been concluded and that the surgery would take place Saturday.

An angiogram given to Clinton revealed "significant blockage," said a Democratic official, who had discussed the condition with the former president's staff. It did not appear that Clinton suffered a heart attack, he said. Both sources spoke on condition of anonymity.

The statement by Clinton's office said the former president "went to Northern Westchester Hospital yesterday afternoon after experiencing mild chest pain and shortness of breath. Initial testing was normal and he spent the night at home in nearby Chappaqua, N.Y. After undergoing additional testing this morning at Westchester Medical Center, doctors advised he should undergo bypass surgery."

Hillary Clinton is gearing up for a 2006 re-election bid seen by many as a prelude to a run for president in 2008 should John Kerry fail in his bid for the White House this year.

The Clintons had planned a stop at the State Fair in Syracuse on Friday afternoon and then had been expected to head north for stops in Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties near the Canadian border on Friday night and on Saturday.

Collapse -
Being familiar with the hospitals in Westchester ...

In reply to: Re: Clinton checks into Presbyterian Hospital in NYC

... I am curious why he was transfered to Columbia for this surgery. Even though it is more routine these days to have bypass surgery, I find it unconscionable that Hillary is not there at this time Sad

Evie Happy

Collapse -
OK I take it back ...

In reply to: Being familiar with the hospitals in Westchester ...

... that article made it seem as if she knew he had a problem and went on a trip anyway. She is giving details now and announced she is on her way to the hospital.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Press can give out a whole lot of hipe at the start...

of something like this, but Hillary just now was shown on TV giving the correct info.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks Mark, is this a quote from ?...NY Times?

Collapse -
Prayers go out to President Clinton and the family.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Positive thoughts and prayers for the Clinton family.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) All my prayers and wishes for a speedy recovery!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.