Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Clinton adviser: Kerry ran inconsistent campaign

by Mark5019 / March 17, 2005 11:18 PM PST

ALBANY, N.Y. - A top adviser to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton thinks fellow Democrat John Kerry [related, bio] ``ran what was basically an inconsistent campaign'' for president last year, according to a published report Thursday.

Clinton and Kerry are considered potential rivals for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

The Kerry campaign had ``a different message every two or three weeks,'' Ann Lewis, director of communications for Clinton's political action committee, told the Forward, a weekly New York City-based newspaper aimed at a Jewish audience.

Lewis is quoted as saying the Kerry campaign ``kept trying to rationally convince, to put a presidency together, line by line, plan by plan.''

She said people ``don't vote for plans, they vote for presidents.''

Asked about the Forward's report, Lewis told The Associated Press that her comments ``reflect general post-election conversations about campaign strategy that were discussed throughout the party.''

``I worked very hard for John Kerry's election,'' Lewis told the AP, saying she was ``deeply sorry he lost.''

``It doesn't sound like the Ann Lewis I worked with at the Kerry campaign in 2004,'' said Jenny Backus, a Kerry political aide, after reading the Forward story.

``Kerry and Clinton are very close,'' Backus added. ``They're working together on lots of good bills. He's doing a big fund-raiser for her (Senate campaign) in Boston. He headlined a big fund-raiser for her in (Washington) D.C.''

``As Senator Clinton said after the election, she thinks John Kerry ran a strong campaign,'' said Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines.

Hank Sheinkopf, a veteran Democratic operative, said Lewis' comments are ``not helpful to Hillary.''

``What Hillary needs is a smooth playing field,'' said Sheinkopf, who worked on President Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign. ``All this does is create waves.''

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Clinton adviser: Kerry ran inconsistent campaign
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Clinton adviser: Kerry ran inconsistent campaign
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
James Carville said the same thing
by kmarchal / March 17, 2005 11:25 PM PST

but his party did not listen to him;
imo James Carville it the smartest proclaimed Democrat the party has.

Collapse -
Yeah, he had a Labrador for his campaign manager when he
by Ziks511 / March 17, 2005 11:52 PM PST

needed a Rotweiler like Carville. He should have hit the ground running after the Democratic Convention and never let up. He should have hired a real tough team to deal with the Swifties, gone on the attack and never let up. Instead he just moseyed along after the Convention like it was already in the bag.

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What kind of dealing you talking about?
by Evie / March 17, 2005 11:53 PM PST
Collapse -
well as Kerry has proved
by Mark5019 / March 18, 2005 1:07 AM PST

the people cant be lied to
and 08 is coming
come on Dem's keep on imploding

Collapse -
Curious Mark. Bush has been lying since before he was
by Ziks511 / March 18, 2005 3:41 AM PST

governor and most people haven't caught on yet.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) and you say that now your funny
by Mark5019 / March 18, 2005 3:43 AM PST
Collapse -
Would you mind PROVING that allegation??
by Glenda / March 18, 2005 10:43 AM PST

Getting just a bit tired of all the Bush is stupid and Bush is a liar posts! Put up or shut up! Links, Facts that prove he has lied! And I don't mean Michael Moron's crap!

Collapse -
bush lied
by Mark5019 / March 18, 2005 11:40 AM PST

said there be elections in iraq seems the worlds changing and its what kerrys doing lol

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?