The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Clickless Navigation

This site is... interesting. A friend at work told me about it (apparently it was a DIGG link).

Give it a try.

http://www.dontclick.it/

It's actually a bit strange at first but you really find it rather intuitive after a while, especially if you use a pen tablet to work with when browsing.

-Kevin S.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Clickless Navigation
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Clickless Navigation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Okay ... I guess ...

In reply to: Clickless Navigation

I don't know about other people, but I know that I don't actually take my hands off the keyboard too much while I browse. The 'find while I type' feature of Firefox and the ability to just hit enter allows me to get to any link and just hit the enter key to go there. If you are on a tablet, I suppose it would be nice to keep from double tapping, but if you actually have access to a keyboard and a mouse, the click just isn't that much work!

Collapse -
What is this feature of which you speak?

In reply to: Okay ... I guess ...

<i>The 'find while I type' feature of Firefox and the ability to just hit enter allows me to get to any link and just hit the enter key to go there.</i>

I've not heard of it before. Could you tell me how to use it? Does it need an extension?

(BTW I know html doesn't work in this forum but you can render the code mentally ;-))

Collapse -
How to do a no-click Firefox

In reply to: What is this feature of which you speak?

All you have to do is go to Firefox Preferences > Advanced > General and make sure both 'Allow text to be selected with the keyboard' and 'Begin finding when you begin typing' are checked. If you need help, let me know!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That's really cool!

Collapse -
They talked about this site not too long ago on BOL.

They talked about it not long ago, soon after the started talking about the no button mouse.

Collapse -
Maybe I don't quite understand...

In reply to: They talked about this site not too long ago on BOL.

...but it seems to be just a rollover-rollout invisible button function in a Flash swf. It is impressive, but doesn't seem that revolutionary. I think it's fine for those with good motor-mouse skills. Again, maybe I don't quite get it.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.