Question

Click url in Word

Hi, I have Win XP sp2, IE7 and Word97 (yes I know it's old). I have a very long doc with lots of web addresses in it that I use to copy and paste my answers into internet forums. Sometimes when I'm trying to select a section to copy I must be clicking in the wrong spot or double clicking or click the wrong way and it directly opens the web page AND CLOSES my word document. And I can't get back to it and have to reopen it. Why is that?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Click url in Word
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Click url in Word
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Not sure

but when I used Word XP (2002), I could see that links in Word documents had to be invoked by pressing CTRL then clicking the link.

Is that perhaps the problem? Are you holding down the CTRL key for any reason? Even so, I don't see why doing that would close Word. That is a mystery.

Mark

- Collapse -
Maybe

I'll try to pay attention because I do use ctrl+insert to copy then ctrl+v to paste. But I wouldn't be hitting ctrl until the selection is highlighted.

CNET Forums