$1,614.00[/COLOR]

at pro-star.com

Intel Core i7-2670QM Processor, 2.2 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency
3.1GHz), 6MB Smart Cache

16GB, PC3-10600/1333Mhz DDR3 - 4 x 4GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M w/3GB GDDR5

128GB Crucial <st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">M4
SATA III Solid State Drive</st1:address></st1:street>

750GB/7200rpm 16MB Cache Buffer SATA-300 (SATA II 3GB/s)

Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit

<o:p> </o:p>

Im noob with computer building so hope you guys can help me
choose or give me better options. What Im thinking is, if i go for the Clevo i
will get a better CPU with more rooms to upgrade in the future. With the Asus i
will spend less money and get full build. Just that i dont know if the Asus has
enough power to handle the works.

<o:p> </o:p>

Happy New Year!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: [Clevo X7200] or [Asus G74SX] ???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: [Clevo X7200] or [Asus G74SX] ???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Short future?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2012 12:40 AM PST

All the gamer laptops I've encountered like this rarely get to 4 years. Take the one with the 3 or 4 year warranty.
Bob

Collapse -
Bring a forklift?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 7, 2012 1:33 PM PST
In reply to: option 3
Collapse -
Answer
Those are both gaming machines and with
by orlbuckeye / January 4, 2012 10:07 PM PST

What your doing is move dependent on the graphics processor then the CPU and both have the same graphic cards. An Express card is a slot that replace the PC card slots a few years back. It's used for additional cards such as wireless cards, air cards for (Sprint, At&t and verizon). You can also get extra USB ports on an express card. Express card technology.

Both systems are upgradeable as you can pick your configuartion. I think you going overkill with that Sager configuration. If Sager allowed the lower end processor they would basically be the same machines.

Do you have a copy of Windows for the Sager? You may have problems registering Windows if you have an OEM version on Windows. If you have the retail version you will probably have better luck registering. You can buy a Sager with the OS installed. The advantage is they will just install the OEM version without alot of crapware which you will get with the Asus.

If you choose the the Sager i would get a second drive because 120 gb will fill fast.

Collapse -
Dell M6600
by wheels2freedom / January 7, 2012 1:37 PM PST

I have an old dvd windows 7, i thought i would use it instead of buying preinstalled.
After asking around ppl keep telling me these are game computers, and Nvidia quadro is what i need for the things im doing. Since Quadro are so expensive the only way i can afford one is to buy refurbished computer. Like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELL-Precision-M6600-NVIDIA-4000M-i7-2720QM-1080p-17-3-16GB-320GB-3-yr-Backlit-/280800098366?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item4160fd783e#ht_2863wt_1344&afsrc=1
i7-2720qm
16GB RAM
Quadro 4000m
17.3" FHD screen
320GB HDD
should i go for it? Im so close to click the pay button.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?