Question

Clean iPhone

What's the best way to make sure that all of my personal data is removed from my iPhone before I sell it?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Clean iPhone
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Clean iPhone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you try it the Apple way?
- Collapse -
Answer
This I believe this can be applied to all iPhones...

I have an iPhone 3G, but the process should be the same or very similar.

On your iPhone go to:

Setting > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

This should do a full wipe of all your personal data, photos, music, setting, etc... and you should be good to go and sell your phone.

Note of warning: Before you wipe your phone clean, be sure to synch your iPhone with iTunes one last time--for backup reasons and just in case you decide not to sell it. If you decide that you want to keep the phone after wiping it, all you have to do is synch up your phone with iTunes and restore it.

I hope this helps!

Good luck with your sale.

-Lee

CNET Forums