Question

clean hard drive

How do you clean a hard drive...Want to give granddaughter laptop but want to clear it before I do...
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: clean hard drive
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: clean hard drive
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Re: cleaning hard drive

What would your granddaughter do with a laptop with a totally empty hard drive? That would be totally useless. Wouldn't she prefer a laptop with a working version of Windows on it?

Kees

- Collapse -
cleaning hard drive

My question is/was to give me more space. When I delete photos and/or avis, where else do I go to get rid of them all? I clean out 'propertities' and defrag, but is there another place to get rid of stored items that I don't need?

- Collapse -
Re: cleaning

If I were you, I would find the system recovery media that came with the laptop or that you made, or find out how to boot from the recovery partition to bring the laptop back to factory conditions. That is, exactly as it was when you bought it. This will erase everything you put on it.

Kees

CNET Forums