Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Class not registered!

by VigneshBalasubramanian / January 19, 2010 1:43 PM PST

I installed KM Player on my Windows 7 Ultimate system. When I double click a video file and play it in KM player there is no problem but when I double click on KM Player then the message "Class not registered" comes. When I close the program there is an option to check for solutions in Windows 7, I click on it and it says that flash player needs to be installed. But I have already installed it.
I am sure the installer is not corrupted as I installed it on my Windows XP SP3 system(I use multi-booting) without any problem.
What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Class not registered!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Class not registered!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm having difficulties
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 20, 2010 7:13 PM PST
In reply to: Class not registered!

finding anything out about this KM Player.

I can see that it is developed by a South Korean company;
http://www.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8927

But what I can't find are any 'front end' web pages for it. If I goto http://www.kmplayer.com all I get is a forum listing, presumably in South Korean. So I can't check "System Requirements". I note you are using Windows 7, (32 bit or 64 bit? That could make a difference), but all I could find about system requirements is CNET's Download.com's page;
http://download.cnet.com/The-KMPlayer/3010-13632_4-11105067.html?tag=mncol

No mention of Windows 7 there.

If you can find anything yourself, all well and good. You may also want to register for their forums and post your problem there. Other than that, all I could suggest is to use Adobe's own Flash Uninstaller from;
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
to uninstall Flash, reboot the computer afterwards, then re-visit Adobe to download their latest Flash Player.

You may say that you already have the latest Flash Player, but we often see members here with Flash problems and a complete and proper uninstall then re-install often helps.

Sorry I can't be more positive.

Mark

Collapse -
Since I am an Indian
by VigneshBalasubramanian / January 20, 2010 8:33 PM PST

even I can't read that language.
I have 32 bit edition of windows. I tried uninstalling flash player, then downloading and installing version 10. Still the problem is persisting . Now I have found out that GOM player also is having the same problem.
Furthermore I downloaded these after reading http://download.cnet.com/2701-19409_4-2-6.html?tag=buyingGuidesLeftColumn.0 so I feel these must be compatible with Windows 7.

Collapse -
I can't say.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / January 21, 2010 3:55 AM PST
In reply to: Since I am an Indian

That Windows Starter Kit web page you linked to isn't dated, so that doesn't help me decide whether these players are compatible with Win 7.

In addition, the KMPlayer in that page links back to the Download.com page I mentioned in my first post, and again, I see no mention of Windows 7 in the specifications list.

I didn't see the GOM player in that page, and don't know anything about it.

It seems you will have to do the investigating yourself about these two players, and I think the KMPlayer forums are a good place to start. There are English versions of their forums.

Mark

Collapse -
At last I
by VigneshBalasubramanian / January 21, 2010 6:09 PM PST
In reply to: I can't say.

found out that it was due to some conflict between flash player for IE and for Firefox. When the former is installed there would be no problems whereas these two players do not recogonize firefox. So I uninstalled the flash player, downloaded the flash player for IE and installed. Then I went to Youtube with firefox where it said to install a missing plugin(flash player) and I allowed firefox to automatically install the flash player.
Now there is no problem with these two players. Thanks for your time and help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.