Phones forum

General discussion

cingular vs. t-mobile

by lilxbabi3xball3r / April 5, 2005 10:56 AM PDT

i currently have cingular but i really hate the phones partly because i want a phone with a full keyboard (i dislike the t9 text phones)... the only phone so far i have found that i like is the Sidekick II but its only offered through T-mobile. i was wondering if anyone knew whether i should stick to cingular or make a switch. T mobile has unlimited text and internet for the sidekick which i really need considering how much i text but i wasnt sure if the quality of the provider was any good... any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cingular vs. t-mobile
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cingular vs. t-mobile
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
suggestion
by birdmantd Forum moderator / April 5, 2005 11:17 AM PDT
In reply to: cingular vs. t-mobile

Have you seen the new LG 9100 on the Cingular website? Not exactly the sidekick but does have a keyboard that slides out from the phone.

Collapse -
lg
by lilxbabi3xball3r / April 6, 2005 3:10 PM PDT
In reply to: suggestion

yeah i looked at that phone and considered it untill i heard some really crappy things about it... i just wanted to know if t-mobile's service wasnt very good or something because everyone tells me that cingular is good but i get really bad customer service...

Collapse -
T-Mobile Service
by Coconut1961 / April 7, 2005 11:45 PM PDT

I think you should read the posting by debbielynn on 4/2 (T-Mobile move to Verizon or Cingular) and subsequent responses.... Sounds like most people who have been with T-Mobile for years (like me), like their service (generally speaking), but decide to change just because of the fact that they have been with them a long time, and sometimes the grass always seems greener on the other side. Plus, all cell phone service providers offer such great deals to new customers (really cool phones for very little to no $$) to try and lure them over, and make their existing customers feel like they are being taken for granted.... I think that is why some people jump ship. But, it took me less than two weeks to realize that I screwed up and came back to T-Mobile.

Collapse -
Is T-mobile any good
by 87onarian / April 8, 2005 4:36 AM PDT

Their customer service people are the most accomodating of any company. My daughter is using Verizon and T- Mobile for 2 different family groups; and she says the TM works where the V doesn't. Of course it might be the instruments.

Collapse -
Make the Switch QUICK!
by Downhillr / April 8, 2005 4:41 AM PDT

I recently switched from T-Mobile to Cingular and I'm so sorry that it's just not funny ... Cingular has been an absolute nightmare!!! I have spent four months trying to get them to address some hardware problems that I was having and they have run me around so bad that it's simply not funny. Worse, I paid to have the optional insurance and I discovered that it's WORTHLESS ... Their warranty DEPT is an absolute nightmare and totally useless! Trust me, if I could opt out of my contract and go back to T-Mobile ... I'd do it in a minute! Don;t go NEAR Cingular ... they are a disaster!!!!

Collapse -
Get T-mobile
by gemaster34 / April 13, 2005 11:23 AM PDT

Move to T-mobile.I have T-mobile and they have great service, phones, and cheaper plans. The T-mobile SideKickII is a nice phone you can personalize it with bumpers and rinstones from NYC Peach. One thing is I heard the T-mobile SidekickII has terrible reception so I would either get the other 2 phones with QWERTY full keyboard the Nokia 6800 or Motorola A630 with a built in Camera.

Collapse -
Are people happy with t-mobile in NYC?
by scoobster / May 9, 2005 4:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Get T-mobile

Are you in NYC? I've been with Verizon forever, but need a phone I can use in France also. Which phone is easiest to text message. I'm just starting with that. Thanks for your help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.