Phones forum

General discussion

Cingular or Sprint

by petebaby / February 8, 2006 8:10 AM PST

In Illinois where I live Verizon wireless has many "dead spots". Don't like them.

I have had Sprint and been happy with them .
But Cingular is supposed to have a large coverage area.

But with Cingular your phone can't roam.
With Sprint you have the option to go off there network if there is no Sprint coverage.

So, Does Sprint have a better coverage area?
Between the 2 who has the better network?

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cingular or Sprint
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cingular or Sprint
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cingular or Sprint Reply
by ZTthebigP / February 8, 2006 8:33 AM PST
In reply to: Cingular or Sprint

It is true that cingular has a large coverage area, why are you saying that you can't roam with them? I know that one of their roaming partners is Dobson Communications which covers many rural areas. I have T-Mobile and might be switching to Cingular, i live in a rural area so i've been looking at roaming partners, T-Mobile has many and i am having a hard time finding Cingulars on their website but yes you can roam with cingular, if you don't like verizon and sprint doesn't have the coverage you want either i'd say go for it, most providers have a trial period in which you can back out if you don't like them.

Collapse -
what ????
by madeformotorola / February 8, 2006 10:10 AM PST

where did you get the idea that cingular cant go anywhere???? cingular is everywhere !!!! its GSM, it extended all over the US and then some.i think you need to do some more research

Collapse -
I've had both
by ebridge21 / February 8, 2006 11:02 AM PST

I live in Baltimore and I've had both,... Personally I say Stick with Sprint, As with everything people will find complaints, but I'm currently with Cingular, and I wish I had my Sprint phone back. Yes GSM phones do roam, but the chances of them roaming are unlikely, It's pretty much you have a signal or you don't. I have the the Razor, and I'm always getting NETWORK BUSY when i try to make a call, and I get horrible reception inside buildings. The issue's I've had with sprint are I just had allot of dropped calls and there PCS Vision is pretty expensive.

Collapse -
You can roam with cingular
by sandykync / February 8, 2006 7:23 PM PST
In reply to: I've had both

You can roam with cingular any where in the US all 50 states and not get charged roaming!!! an any network!!! this includes puerto rico, and other us territories. But for the person that is having problems with his razor phone a few tips, it you are getting network busy with you phone try turing the phone off and on when going from on place to another so the phone can register on the towers before making the call, Call tech support ask them to check the network settings on your phone to make sure they are correct. I may be something simple if you are still having problem with the phone you can do a exchange by mail and they will send you another phone at no cost the maybe something wrong with the sim card or the phone both can be replaced at no charge!!! Hope this helps!!

Collapse -
Tried cingular for Razr
by erictigger / May 6, 2007 10:42 AM PDT

I tried Cingular, switching from Verizon, because I wanted the Razr. I had very similar dropped calls and call failed messages. spent hours ont he phone with tech support and in the store, exchanging sim cards twice (for a total of 3) and lastly, the phone itself with no improvement.

I went back to Verizon on my old T720.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?