Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Cindi's new pet!

by Cindi Haynes / July 1, 2004 11:43 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cindi's new pet!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cindi's new pet!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Cute' Butterfly'
by Del McMullen / July 1, 2004 11:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Cindi's new pet!
Collapse -
Re: Cindi's new pet!
by TONI H / July 1, 2004 11:59 AM PDT

He looks like an EWOK....my son has a bank that he got about twenty years ago that looks just like your puppy. LOL

TONI

Collapse -
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / July 1, 2004 1:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Cindi's new pet!

Hi, Toni.

I thought more like one of the title characters from Gremlins! Wink

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
He's beautiful Cindi - takes after his new owner NT
by SteveGargini / July 1, 2004 12:32 PM PDT

NT

Collapse -
by Mark G / July 1, 2004 12:45 PM PDT

thats adorable i wish you yrs of love and happiness

Collapse -
He's very cute...
by Blake Cook / July 1, 2004 12:52 PM PDT
He's a Papillon just 7 weeks old. - Cindi Haynes

I've never heard of a Papillon. How big will he get???
Collapse -
Re: He's very cute...
by Cindi Haynes / July 1, 2004 1:13 PM PDT
In reply to: He's very cute...
Collapse -
A Very Small Dog...
by Blake Cook / July 2, 2004 6:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: He's very cute...
He'll be about 5 to 7 lbs full grown. - Cindi Haynes

Now that's a very small dog. I would be afraid that I might accidentally step on him or roll over on him while I'm sleeping. What are their personalities like? Are they easy to train???

My dog is like my shadow, following me where ever he goes. He loves everyone and only squirrels have to worry about him. Even then, he is too slow to ever catch a squirrel...
Collapse -
Re: A Very Small Dog...
by Cindi Haynes / July 2, 2004 9:16 AM PDT
In reply to: A Very Small Dog...

Hi Blake,

He's pretty small but should be near 11 inches tall at full-grown. They are supposed to be very outgoing and friendly to people and other animals. They are also supposed to be extremely easy to train...we'll see! I sure hope THAT'S true! I'm trying the "Second Nature" dog litter system with him. I'll keep ya posted, if you're interested. What kind of dog do you have? I think you've mentioned it before, but I don't recall.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
Dog Lovers...
by Blake Cook / July 2, 2004 5:03 PM PDT
They are supposed to be very outgoing and friendly to people and other animals. They are also supposed to be extremely easy to train...we'll see! I sure hope THAT'S true! I'm trying the "Second Nature" dog litter system with him. I'll keep ya posted, if you're interested. What kind of dog do you have? - Cindi Haynes

Being a dog lover myself, I am always interested in hearing about everyone's dogs. I often "puppy-sit" when others travel so it isn't unusual to have 2-3 dogs running around here from time to time. So far, I've rescued 5 dogs in the last few years and found all of them good homes. It's sad that there are so many dogs out there that need good homes and may never get them. Feel free to keep me posted about your new little buddy...

I have a Shepherd/Rottweiler/Chow mix. He looks mostly like a large Shepherd with a spotted tongue and curly tail and Rottweiler markings. He's not the smartest dog I've ever had, but he is extremely social and friendly to everyone and everything (except squirrels). He is the alpha dog at all the dog parks we visit and almost all the dogs know it without him ever having to prove it. He's about 94 lbs now and will be 3 years old in December. When I first started taking him to the beach, he was terrified of the water. But after teaching him to swim, he has turned into quite a fish. I take him to the beach at least once a week. So far he has helped rescue 4 birds too, including a Pelican that had become tangled in fishing line. He's really a great dog and I'm lucky to have him...
Collapse -
Mutts are always the best, huh? :-)
by Cindi Haynes / July 3, 2004 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Dog Lovers...

My recently departed dog was a mutt, a lab/golden retriever mix who was a 100-lb baby. He was smart and a good companion. I really think mutts are great! This time I got the purebred because of where I am in life right now I need to know what I'm getting!

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
All Dogs Are Great... :-)
by Blake Cook / July 3, 2004 6:45 AM PDT
Mutts are always the best, huh? Happy - Cindi Haynes

Actually I feel that all dogs are great. Most give more than they ask in return. There are advantages to owning either a mutt or a purebred. Mutts tend to have fewer health problems. Because of inbreeding, purebreds have defective genes passed from generation to generation. So you end up seeing the same health problems in most animals in the breed. Mutts tend to have enough diverse genetics that there is no common genetic problem. In a purebred, you know what deficiencies to expect. In a mutt, there is no way of knowing what may happen until it occurs...

I won't ever buy a dog from a breeder. There are so many good mutts needing a good home that there are few good reasons to have a dog specifically created for someone's needs. When you go to the shelters, you can usually find mutts and purebred dogs. So if you prefer a specific breed, you usually don't have to wait long before one becomes available. For every litter specifically created to fill the desires of a prospective owner, there are an equal number of dogs who are denied the opportunity to find a home. Sadly, many/most are euthanized...

There are many good web sites designed to find good homes for dogs. One of my favorite web sites is Petfinder.com...
Collapse -
Re: Dog Lovers...
by Blackeyes / July 5, 2004 5:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Dog Lovers...

I am so happy to find a forum that has to do with dog lovers. I have two precious dogs myself, they are American Staffordshire Terriors, and they are the loves of my life. But they have absolutely no interest in sticks, chew toys or balls, they are very much obsessed with chewing on rocks! I think that that is strange, but maybe I'm wrong. If you have any opinions on that then I'd appriciate it.

Collapse -
Hard On Their Teeth...
by Blake Cook / July 5, 2004 1:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Dog Lovers...
But they have absolutely no interest in sticks, chew toys or balls, they are very much obsessed with chewing on rocks! I think that that is strange, but maybe I'm wrong. - Blackeyes

I have seen black labs that were infatuated with rocks and nothing else. I saw one that could dive down into 10-20 feet of water and find the rock that was thrown in. What made that amazing is that the bottom was covered with rocks yet the lab was always able to bring up the right one...

The rocks are definitely hard on a dog's teeth. But unless you plan to remove all the rocks in your yard and anywhere else your dogs go, I doubt that you will be able to stop their infatuation in them...
Collapse -
Re: A Very Small Dog...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / July 5, 2004 6:04 AM PDT

Hi, Cindi.

>>I'm trying the "Second Nature" dog litter system with him.<<
Sounds like what you really want is a cat! Wink

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator (owned by a 22 pound kitty)

Collapse -
UGH!
by Cindi Haynes / July 5, 2004 7:46 AM PDT

No thanks, and no offense, but cats are not my thing. I'm using the litter because it's a toy breed, our yard's not fenced, and we have several very large dogs in the neighborhood that roam free. I don't want Auggie to end up lunch! Wink

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Cats for lunch. . .
by Coryphaeus / July 5, 2004 11:32 AM PDT
In reply to: UGH!

tastes just like chicken.

Collapse -
Re: UGH!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / July 5, 2004 1:03 PM PDT

Hi, Cindi.

I always thought I was a dog person -- cats are too indpendent, etc. But soon after we moved to Galveston in the early 80's a mother cat abandoned a litter under an overgrown vine trellis in our back yard. We've had cats ever since... And for a DINC family where both of us are out most of the day, cats do much better than dogs, who don't much like being home alone. That's probably why cats now outnumber dogs as family pets in the US.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
What you really need ...
by Evie / July 6, 2004 12:17 AM PDT

... is a cat like my Chobi. Ask Sue, he really is a dog in a cat's body! And as a bonus he can get his own water from the fridge Wink

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) Adorable!
by Evie / July 1, 2004 10:35 PM PDT

Collapse -
He's a cutie!
by James Denison / July 2, 2004 10:46 AM PDT

I've always had larger dogs, but our neighbor has a little pugnose that for some reason seems obligated to always greet me coming home, hardly before I get out of the van. Like Blake, I'm worried about tripping over a small dog, otherwise my next one might be a smaller variety too. Our current dog is a midsize collie almost 13 years old.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: absolutely adorable
by Mary Kay / July 2, 2004 11:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
by Rolway / July 3, 2004 5:57 AM PDT

He's a beauty Cindi. Cute little guy.
My "Sam" a Lab/German Shepard passed on a few years ago. Smartest and most protective dog I ever had. Still brings tears to me. Never could bring myself to get another, but am now seriously thinking of adopting a Greyhound.

George

Collapse -
Thanks, George.
by Cindi Haynes / July 3, 2004 6:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Cindi's new pet!

I've heard greyhounds are wonderful dogs. They are really striking-looking, too. Any dog would be lucky to have you, George!

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Ok, here's mine. . .
by Coryphaeus / July 5, 2004 11:31 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Nice looking dogs! Handsome, indeed.
by Cindi Haynes / July 5, 2004 10:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Ok, here's mine. . .

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!