General discussion

Cigarette Smoke

Will smoking in a small room that my 50" plasma tv is in, do any serious damage?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Cigarette Smoke
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cigarette Smoke
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Smoking

Long term Cigarette smoke won't be good for any electronics. When my mother was smoking cigarettes the walls of her home were coated with a thick coating of yellow nicotine. When I sprayed the walls with 409, the walls would drip with nasty yellow drool. This is what would first happen to the TV screen, then eventually the internal electronics would be affected. In Broadcast facilities no smoking is allowed because of the affects.

- Collapse -
You are kidding, right?

You don't worry about your own lung but you worry about the TV? Oh well...what can we say.

However, I disagreed with Dan, Your TV will not die of lung cancer, hehe.

- Collapse -
LOL that is a good one :p

That made my eyes water Grin LOL

NO smokers here but I do have a dirty wood burning stove. I have my plasma's in a different rooms, but I do have my Sony SXRD tv about 8ft from the wood stove, the tv does get dirty form the ash fast, the room is 25x15ft, even with an air-filter right next too the tv & in the winter the tv needs cleaning every other day & in the spring time I take a vacuum cleaner, clean all the vents & clean out the area where the fans are. I would never put a nice brand new tv (plasma, PJ, or LCD) in that room.

Smoke, ash & dust are all bad for electronics.

CNET Forums

Forum Info