Computer Help forum

Chrome This webpage is not available

by misssarahleigh / October 14, 2013 5:53 AM PDT

I've been getting this error for weeks now.

This webpage is not available Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Happens across EVERY website. If I re-load the page a few times it's fine, but happens on the next page, and the next, and going backwards. arrrggghhh

So, cleaned my cookies, made sure it's allowed through the firewall, Comodo isn't picking anything nasty up. I'm lost as to what else (also uninstalled and reinstalled)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Chrome This webpage is not available
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Chrome This webpage is not available
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: this webpage is not available.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 14, 2013 5:58 AM PDT

The first suggestion: use Firefox or Internet Explorer. Any difference?

But I'm afraid it isn't the browser that resets the connection. More likely it's the router or the modem or the ISP. Does the same happen if you connect your laptop to the internet somewhere else? With a desktop it's somewhat more work to do that experiment, so then it might be replaced with "does the same happen if you connect the laptop of your friend to your connection in the same way (wired or wireless)?" as a start.

Collapse -
by misssarahleigh / October 14, 2013 6:04 AM PDT

It happens at the partners house but not as frequent. I got a new router from my ISP but that doesn't seem to have made a different. I use firefox but it loads VERY slowly and I stopped using that as for some reason it won't allow pop up windows after an update despite the fact I have it set to allow.

Collapse -
by misssarahleigh / October 14, 2013 6:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Answer

Firefox is now refusing to load pages Sad

Collapse -
A more difficult test.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 14, 2013 6:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Jinxed

Download and burn an Unbuntu or Mint disk (variants of Linux), boot from it (without installing it on your PC!) and see if their Firefox works. If that is fine and the Windows browsers aren't, something is wrong with your Windows.

Collapse -
by misssarahleigh / October 14, 2013 6:13 AM PDT
In reply to: A more difficult test.

I won't lie. I don't know how to do that.

Collapse -
Re: Ubuntu
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 14, 2013 6:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Umm does a good job of explaining both the download and the burn to DVD (a CD might be too small, unless you have a 700 MB cd). You can also a download to make a bootable USB-stick, if your machine can boot from USB.

Collapse -
(NT) Try resetting the browser cache.
by wpgwpg / October 14, 2013 5:59 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?