Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Christmas in Cambodia, uh, ''modification'' lol

> **Exclusive**

TOUR OF DUTY author and John Kerry historian Doug Brinkley is rushing a piece for the NEW YORKER: to set-the-record-straight on Kerry's Christmas in Cambodia tale, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

Kerry has turned to author Brinkley for a "modification" after it was exposed that Kerry was not in Cambodia during Christmas of 1968, as he once claimed from the Senate floor.

The Brinkley piece for the NEW YORKER will now say that Kerry was not in Cambodia during Christmas, but rather in January, publishing sources tell DRUDGE.

Here's the flipflop link

No, it wasn't January, it was February. No, it was April. Yeah! No, wait, it was was in July! Yes, it was in July! It's seared into my memory!.. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Flip, flop, repeat, lol!

DE

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Christmas in Cambodia, uh, ''modification'' lol
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Christmas in Cambodia, uh, ''modification'' lol
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I hope he also has the year

In reply to: Christmas in Cambodia, uh, ''modification'' lol

seared into his memory that he couldn't fool the people any longer and lost the Presidential election.

No, wait....that will be the year he 'remembers' he won in his own mind because he will have a new book and history rewritten to suit him.

TONI

Collapse -
Me too!

In reply to: I hope he also has the year

And I don't care how he flipflops it in his book later on.

DE

Collapse -
I hope Kerry has a large swimming pool

In reply to: I hope he also has the year

The guy will turn into a penguin soon, with all that flipping and flopping Happy

Collapse -
Re: I hope Kerry has a large swimming pool

In reply to: I hope Kerry has a large swimming pool

Some political cartoonist will show him with a hook in his mouth, or on a stringer or in a net, lol

DE

Collapse -
This fun game is downloadable

In reply to: Re: I hope Kerry has a large swimming pool

As Kerry does his flip flops you can throw snowballs at him.
Download the zip file - unzip the exe to it's own directory and double click.
Ok for windows 98 so I guess XP should handle it.
I tested the game and no damage was done to my operating system - what a laugh though Happy

The flip-flop game

Collapse -
Re: Christmas in Cambodia, uh, ''modification'' lol

I guess we know what happened to all that dark hair Kerry lamented having lost from his youth when Russert confronted him with his Senate testimony! It was "seared" Wink

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Re: Christmas in Cambodia, uh, ''modification'' lol

In reply to: Re: Christmas in Cambodia, uh, ''modification'' lol

LOL, think that searing affected his memory? The corpus flipfloppum portion of his brain is obviously still intact.

DE

Collapse -
Even changing the date 'seared into'...

his memory won't help. Three of the five crewmen on Kerry's boat, Bill Zaldonis, Steven Hatch, and Steve Gardner, deny that they or their boat were ever in Cambodia.

Bill Zaldonis and Steven Hatch are two who were at the Convention with him and who normally support him. Apparently there are some lies even they will not back up.

Collapse -
Darn it....

In reply to: Even changing the date 'seared into'...

There you go using facts again. Don't you know it's just not fair to use facts against the Kerry sheep?

Collapse -
Re: Darn it....

In reply to: Darn it....

What tickles me is how they swung that "Bush was AWOL!" thing around forever, and now they're so indignant that the FACTS about Kerry are coming out.

DE

Collapse -
Re: Even changing the date 'seared into'...

In reply to: Even changing the date 'seared into'...

I'm wondering if this is the moment that the house of cards tumbles down, or if it'll be something else. There's more, lots lots more.

DE

Collapse -
Why doesn't Kerry simply...

Why doesn't Kerry simply make a public statement Himself, I say again Himself, and tell us which month it was? Once again he's been caught, "flat-footed" this time. The question is will the press let him get away with it.

Collapse -
Of course they will J :(

In reply to: Why doesn't Kerry simply...

He is their fair haired child! Sad Sad
Glenda

Collapse -
Re: Of course they will J :(

In reply to: Of course they will J :(

The press is mostly liberal. Facts don't matter, right and wrong don't matter, only gaining power matters.

DE

Collapse -
Re: Why doesn't Kerry simply...

I agree. He needs to address this himself, and the assassination plans at the VVAW meeting he attended, and the Winter Soldier lies, and explain how he can on the one hand damn everybody in that war years ago and throw away his medals (or somebody elses, or his ribbons, or... flip, flop, repeat but use it as the most prominent and important part of his presidential campaign today.

DE

Collapse -
He HAS done so J...

and all five times he has claimed it was Christmas Eve of 1968.

1. In an Oct. 14, 1979, letter to the editor of the Boston Herald - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,128561,00.html
I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."

Fun filled fact for the doubters - Nixon was not President in 1968. This from a lazy, IGNORANT man who has called Bush STUPID? Couldn't even get the real facts straight.

2. On the Floor of the Senate on March 27, 1986.

3. To JOHN DIAMOND, an AP reporter for an article in 1992 - http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2004/08/a_cite_for_swif.html

But for Kerry, who spent six violent months commanding a patrol boat on the Mekong River, there's always been a ring of truth to allegations of abandoned Americans. By Christmas 1968, part of Kerry's patrol extended across the border of South Vietnam into Cambodia.

"We were told, `Just go up there and do your patrol. Everybody was over there (in Cambodia). Nobody thought twice about it," Kerry said. One of the missions, which Kerry, at the time, was ordered not to discuss, involved taking CIA operatives into Cambodia to search for enemy enclaves.

3. The Kerry biographer, Douglas Brinkley, for his book "Tour of Duty" (and who is n ow inventing a new story that is sure to get a horse laugh from other Swiftees as well as anyone who compares Journal or AAR dates--hard to be two places at once). Will be interesting to see which of the boat commanders will agree with him since the boats NEVER went on solo missions--especially in smaller waters assigned to PBRs.

4. And also to The Boston Globe Reporters for their multi part Bio. Can read it at http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/061603.shtml

Next we will be asked to believe that Apocalypse Now was based on the life and times of John Kerry in Vietnam.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) It wasn't? >:)

In reply to: He HAS done so J...

Collapse -
Darn it Ed....

There you go using facts again. Don't you know that it's unfair to use facts against the Kerry sheep? You really should try dreaming imaginary stories up out of thin air like they do, they would understand it better...

Collapse -
I don't think that...

In reply to: Darn it Ed....

"they" actually dream up these things. The lead ewe (AKA DNC Leadership) does and they simply follow along bleating the same lines and unable to get out of the footsteps of their leaders. Those few who did came to be known as neo-cons and are castigated by the rest of the flock (again by following the lead ewe's examples).

Ever notice how a conservative child walks up to his/her male parent and says "Hi dad." while (seemingly at least) liberals tend to walk up and say "Hi daaaa dy." Devil

Collapse -
I spoke too soon when I said...

"Next we will be asked to believe that Apocalypse Now was based on the life and times of John Kerry in Vietnam."

He already has.

"On more than one occasion, I, like Martin Sheen in "Apocalypse Now," took my patrol boat into Cambodia

In fact, I remember spending Christmas Day of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese Allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost being killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real. But nowhere in "Apocalypse Now" did I sense that kind of absurdity."

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1189612/posts

He doesn't actually come right out and say it "but he sure draws parallels".

The man is a fraud but like the bell mare, the rest of the "donkeys" will follow blindly even if off a cliff.

Collapse -
T'was the Night Before Christmas

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (CAMBODIAN VERSION)

'Twas the night before Christmas and we were afloat
Somewhere in Cambodia in our little boat.
While the river was lightened by rockets red glare
No one but the President knew we were there.

The crew was all nestled deep down in their bunks,
While the Spook and I watched the sampans and junks.
Our mission was secret, so secret in fact,
No one else would remember it when we got back.

When out on the water there arose such a clatter
I leaped down from the bridge to see what was the matter.
The incoming friendly was starting to flash
And I knew that the ARVN?s were having a bash.

The snap of friendly fire on the warm tropic air
Convinced me for sure no one knew we were there,
On a clandestine mission so secret it?s true
That I?m still convinced only Tricky **** knew.

While I huddled for safety in the tub on the bow,
I thought of a title, ?Apocalypse Now.?
To give to the films I was I making each day
To show all the voters when I made my big play.

As I sat there sweating in my lucky flight jacket,
Spook said, ?Merry Christmas!? and tossed me a packet.
And what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a new lucky cap, which I still have right here.

I keep it tucked here, in this leather brief case,
Just sharing with the press its secretive place
As I regale them again with my senate refrain,
That Christmas in Cambodia is seared into my brain.

Don?t bother to quibble with history my friend,
By pointing out Johnson was President then.
Don?t listen to Swiftees who try to explain,
For I tell you that night is seared into my brain.

Down Hibbard, down Lonsdale, and you too O?Neill,
So you don?t remember? Well it?s something I feel.
I don?t need all you Swiftvets to support my campaign,
Cause Christmas in Cambodia is seared into my brain,

Into my brain, into my brain, into my brain...

Russ Vaughn
2d Bn, 327th Parachute Infantry Regiment
101st Airborne Division
Vietnam 65-66

And another

Grandma got run over by a swift boat
Walking home from our hooch Christmas Eve
You may say Cambodia has no swift boats
But me and Aunt Teresa, we believe

[chorus]

She'd been smoking too much Thai stick
And we begged her to keep low
But she felt like skinny dipping
And she staggered down the bank
into the flow

[chorus]

When we found her Christmas morning
At the scene of the attack
She had Botox in her forehead
And incriminating ketchup
down her back

[chorus]

It's not Christmas without Grandma
The whole Khmer Rouge is dressed in black
And we just can't help but wonder
Is Lieutenant Kerry
coming back?

[chorus]

I've warned all my friends and neighbors
Stay inside, protect your health
They should never give a medal
To a man who flips his lid
and shoots himself
Collapse -
Re: T'was the Night Before Christmas

In reply to: T'was the Night Before Christmas

Cute and on the money.

Here is another pretty interesting read.

http://www.opinion.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2004/08/10/do1002.xml&sSheet=/opinion/2004/08/10/ixopinion.html

John Kerry is too strange to be president. I don't mean "strange" in the way of his predecessor. Al Gore, the first Android-American to run for president, was weird. But Kerry's strangeness is of an entirely different order.

For purposes of comparison, go back a couple of months to that fevered few weeks when Michael Moore, bigshot Democrats and the media were hounding Bush over his allegedly spotty attendance in the Texas Air National Guard during the early Seventies.

The point is, even if it were true, it fits the Bush narrative: he was a lackadaisical son of privilege who goofed around, drank too much, found Jesus, sobered up and got his life together. If you've got 30-year-old pictures of him dancing naked on a bar in Mexico when he was supposed to be back at the air base, so what? It's compatible with the official version. That's Bush: the bad stuff still fits the picture.

But with Kerry, even before any gaffes or scandals, the official narrative makes no sense. He's publicly opposed to the Vietnam War. But he volunteers for it. Then he comes back disgusted with his experience in war, publicly hurls his medals away (or someone else's: that story keeps changing), denounces his fellow veterans as war criminals, torturers and rapists, and claims that he personally committed atrocities.

Then it gets good (and accurate)!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Gotta love Mark Steyn :-)

In reply to: Re: T'was the Night Before Christmas

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.