Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Christian girls beheaded in grisly Indonesian attack

by Mark5019 / October 29, 2005 6:50 AM PDT

Three teenage Christian girls were beheaded and a fourth was seriously wounded in a savage attack on Saturday by unidentified assailants in the Indonesian province of Central Sulawesi.

The girls were among a group of students from a private Christian high school who were ambushed while walking through a cocoa plantation in Poso Kota subdistrict on their way to class, police Major Riky Naldo said.

The area is close to the provincial capital of Poso, about 1000 kilometres northeast of Jakarta.

Naldo said the heads of the three dead victims were found several kilometres from their bodies.

In Jakarta, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono ordered the police to begin a hunt for the killers.

"In the holy month of Ramadan, we are again shocked by a sadistic crime in Poso that claimed the lives of three school students," he told reporters at the airport as he prepared to fly to Sumatra island.

"I condemn this barbarous killing, whoever the perpetrators are and whatever their motives

i wonder if it was done by that "peacefull religion"?
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/schoolgirls-beheaded-in-grisly-indonesian-attack/2005/10/29/1130400398091.html

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Christian girls beheaded in grisly Indonesian attack
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Christian girls beheaded in grisly Indonesian attack
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Enough already, Mark
by TONI H / October 29, 2005 7:21 AM PDT

with your constant smearing of a religion as a whole rather than condemning only the fanatics that don't practice it in the first place.

TONI

Collapse -
every beheading has been by the followers of that religion
by Mark5019 / October 29, 2005 10:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Enough already, Mark

and im not smearing that religion just stateing the facts as they arewriten in this and other articles.
wasnt a smear if its true,
now if i said it was a hatefull religion maybe that would be a smear but i said it was the " peacefull" religion.

Collapse -
I think you have to admit that it would help a lot if the
by Kiddpeat / October 29, 2005 10:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Enough already, Mark

leaders of Islam would unequivically denounce any use of violence in the name of Islam. Unfortunately, they can't because the Koran sanctions some of these things. In most, if not all, Muslim countries it is a capital offense to switch from Islam to Christianity. Muslims in Saudi Arabia can be beheaded for it by the civil authorities. It used to be a capital offense to be a Christian in Afghanistan. Crimes like these are religiously based, and the religion must denounce them or be held responsible.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?