Question

Choppy Youtube viewing. Grr!

Dell i6000, Win XP Pro, service pack 3, 2GB RAM, (yeah, it's kinda old)

Ok, Viewing videos was fine until the other day when I installed the latest Adobe Flash. Now I need to put it in lowest quality.
This just a matter of getting rid of the latest & reinstalling an older version? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Choppy Youtube viewing. Grr!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Choppy Youtube viewing. Grr!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is this your machine?
- Collapse -
Answer
Choppy Youtube viewing.

Hi Syrinx77,

Did you install a Beta version of Adobe Flash Player or did you install it from adobe.com?
If a beta version has been installed, uninstall this version and download the latest version from Adobe website.

If this step does not help, you can also try to update the video drivers. For on-board graphics, refer to this link.
For discrete graphics, refer to this link.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Reboot PC.

Here is an article on Adobe forums about Video Playback issues. The bug fix report can be helpful.

Hope this helps.
Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C

- Collapse -
Got it right from Adobe's site...

I'll try your suggestions this evening & get back....

Thank you!

- Collapse -
Lost

Went to both the given driver links & tried clicking on "Get Driver" on both. Wouldn't let me download.

What am I doing wrong?

- Collapse -
Try Internet Explorer

Thank you for the response.
Try Internet Explorer to download and install drivers. If the link is not accessible on Internet Explorer, try to reset IE: click Tools>> Internet Options>> Advanced Tab>> Click Reset button>> Check the box 'Delete Personal Settings'. Close the Internet Explorer window and reopen it.

You can try this link for Drivers download.
Select the file R128346.EXE if the system was shipped with integrated graphics.
Select the file R106547.EXE if the system was shipped with discrete graphics.

Also, did you try the bug fix report?

Hope this helps.
Please revert for clarification.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C

- Collapse -
No dice...

It *did* download with IE though. I tried both original links. Followed dialog instructions. Rebooted. Went to YouTube to check. Same story.

I just did the report bug thing & am waiting for a response.
Thanks for your patience.

- Collapse -
Does it happen in a particular browser?

CNET Forums