I want to buy a new notebook, my requirements are as follows:
1. Should have very good LCD for eyes
2. Good hard disk speed
3. 256 or more RAM
4. I can compromise with weight of the notebook
5. I can compromise with processor speed
6. Mainly I need it for maintaining my documents and internet browsing

My maximum budget is 1500 USD.

Please help me in choosing one for above requirements.

Regards,
gadi

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Choosing notebook
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Choosing notebook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Battery Life? Define

If you can compromise on performance of the processor, now that Sonoma is out, the non-sonoma Centrino laptops have seen a dip in price, but they still offer great mobile performance with long battery life.

And if a "Good" screen equals a "big" screen then you want a 17" flat panel. You can get a Compaq X6000 with a nice BrightView 17" screen for under $1500. But it's a Pentium 4M, which is horrible for heat and battery life.

I am quite happy with my 15.4" screen on my Dell 8600.

If you don't need high-end video or photo editing capabilities, then go for the new Dell Inspiron 6000. Very nice computer, 15.4" LCD, very high quality, and available Sonoma. That's different than the Compaq X6000, I should mention.

Compaq X6000: Pentium 4, Hot and Heavy, Low Battery Life, 17"LCD
Dell i6000: Pentium M (Dothan and Sonoma), High Battery life, Light and cool, 15.4" LCD.

- Collapse -
A notebook for you!

Not liking what was currently on the market, I did a lot of research on the new technologies. I found and purchased a Toshiba M45-331. It is a new design, and the future of notebooks will go in this direction. It has creature comforts and state of the art technology. Check this machine out, I love mine, nothing else even came close. Circuit City has it for $1299 after discount and rebate. Good luck

CNET Forums

Forum Info