PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Choosing between 2 24" LCD's.... your advice, pretty please.

hey guys

first post for me!

I have the choice between 2 monitors, and only one is reviewed on CNET.

One is the infamous Dell 24:, which is reviewed here:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_UltraSharp_2405FPW/4505-3174_7-31335738.html?tag=tpr

The other is an Acer, this one here:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1776111&CatId=0

I'm looking at about 150 bucks difference between the two, the dell being more expensive. I don't care about peripherals, just good color, game performance and so forth. The Acer has the digital connection too, unlike some reviews I've read.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Choosing between 2 24" LCD's.... your advice, pretty please.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Choosing between 2 24" LCD's.... your advice, pretty please.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Monitors...?

Anybody? Nothing?

Collapse -
Since no one else is posting...

In reply to: Choosing between 2 24" LCD's.... your advice, pretty please.

What are you going to be using this thing for? Is it a computer monitor, a TV, etc? I don't own either product (or know anyone who does, for that matter), but personally, that Dell would have to kick some major behind or that Acer would have to be bad enough to not deserve being sold for me to even consider laying down an extra $150 for the Dell. I know a few people who have Acer LCD's, and they generally look pretty good. In the end, it's your choice, and whether or not you can live with yourself for paying an extra $150 for a monitor that may not have much on another one that's the same size. (And I'm saying this being someone who just laid down $200 on a BenQ 19" LCD for my computer instead of $250 for a 17" Samsung, and the quality's about the same.)

Collapse -
There's a lot to say....

In reply to: Since no one else is posting...

...but it's a riddle! %

Collapse -
So I ordered it...

In reply to: There's a lot to say....

Thanks gys, I appreciate the responses.

For details, here we go.

I am an illustrator and web designer, which is why the extra space sounds like so much fun. I have a dual monitor setup at the moment, a 21'' CRT dell which is goin to hell, and a 19'' Viewsonic LCD. I plan on using the new 24'' dell to replace the CRT, and run both again. Fun part will be finding out if my video card (6600 GT) can handle it. Thank god for extra fans. Happy

As is, I put the cash down on the Dell. THey had a sale on it, and it was actually 849 CAD, while the acer was 899. All said and done, it was 976 delivered to my door. Figured, why not.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!