Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Checking In

Hi Everyone, Thought it was time to check in. Hope everyone is well.
We are finally getting some snow, suppose to get 8-10 inches, that should help the ski areas. The day after Christmas my husband took every thing out of the living room and kitchen. He is putting slate and hardwood floors in. The slate is down in part of the living room and kitchen, Beautiful Job.My TV is on a milk crate and I have a stool to sit on. Cannot watch much TV anyways with the saws going.I have started studying again for my next test in June. We had Karate kid and the Princess over the New Year Weekend. They lasted until 9:00pm so we toasted the New Year in with gingerale and ice cream. The Princess is not taking karate anymore, she did not like the outfit. She is taking gymnastic. She was put in the advanced class because she can already do all the bends and splits. Karate kid is still doing his moves on her. Take Care Dianne

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Checking In
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Checking In
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) sounds great

In reply to: Checking In

Collapse -
I had to chuckle....

In reply to: Checking In

...when I read that the Princess gave up Karate because she didn't like the uniforms. Happy

We sold our carpeted house in 1972, and haven't had any since.

Your slate/hardwood como sounds beautiful. I don't know what kind of flooring you are replacing, but regardless, you will find both easy to care for.

I've forgotten whether or not you have house pets, but if you do, that shed hair comes up much more easily off a hard surface.

Well, at least you can catch the weather reports from the stool. Happy I think I heard you will be getting the remnants of that mid-west storm. (?)

Kudos to you husband for his hard work. And to you for putting up with the temporary inconviences.

You New years was more festive than mine. I was asleep by 9:00 PM. At this point in time I am more interested in waking up on January 1. Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
pet

In reply to: I had to chuckle....

LOL we have a cat, and we had carpet which she was able to dig her claws in when she wanted to take off, now she slids across the floor. POOR KITTY. We have one small rug in our bathroom upstairs and that is where she spends most of her time now.We had our wood stove out for three days while my husband put the slate in which is also where our cat spent her winter. This morning the wood stove went back in and the cat ran right in front of it and waited for the heat. LOL Dianne

Collapse -
One of my dogs...

In reply to: pet

tends to grow long silky hair between the pads of his feet. When he was younger he loved to romp around the house but when he reached the kitchen and tried to make the turn around the kitchen table he would always end up on his side all akimbo.

Later, we got a rope pull toy for him which he would drag around and nag you with by dropping it in your lap, on your feet, in your bed while you slept, etc. Whenever you grew tired of playing all you had to do was drag him into the kitchen. As soon as his feet hit the slippery floor he would immediately let go and give you a resentful stare as if to say "You Cheat!"

grim

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.