General discussion

check the Google logo today. Holy bouncing balls Batman!

Best guess I've heard yet is it's related to Stephen Hawkin's book release today. Maybe, but I suspect it's some celebration of programming achievement in the past involving random motion.

LINK to stories.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: check the Google logo today. Holy bouncing balls Batman!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: check the Google logo today. Holy bouncing balls Batman!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
LOL

When I see these differing logos I always click them, or hover the mouse over, to see what it is today.

Can't do that with these darn balls, they keep moving! Happy

Mark

- Collapse -
I tried that too

I even let the cursor sit right on the place for the word till they all quit moving around, thinking a link or explanation box would then pop up. Nothing.

- Collapse -
Javascript

Save the entire page to your hard drive. Then you can get a better look. But there's no Flash or anything like that.

- Collapse -
Me Too! Me Too! :D
- Collapse -
LOL

It's changed 'again' today.

Greyed out logo which colors in letter by letter as you type in the search box.

They're playing with us. They are going to take over the world and are just toying with us, showing what they can do. Happy

Mark

- Collapse -
Indeed They ARE Toying With Us! :D

It could be some kind of plot, to distract us from what we're doing, while "they" ________ .

Well, I'm not quite sure what it is "they" want to do. OMG. You think world take over?? Shocked

What happened??? I just tried to google something. The logo from earlier has changed back to a (boring) "generic" type logo.

I believe this is some sort of sign. A sign telling me to stop playing and focus on something more constructive! Happy

Carol

(Thanks, btw. I feel "once removed" )

- Collapse -
I recall something about a virus years back

that would cause ones desktop icons to do this. That would be maddening.

- Collapse -
(NT) Woe is me......doesn't work in Canada
- Collapse -
Didn't work for me either

Wonder if I'm too close to Canada. Devil

Diana

- Collapse -
(NT) I think it was yesterday only.
- Collapse -
(NT) I looked at it yesterday
- Collapse -
You can never be too close to Canada.
Wink
- Collapse -
Odd about the bouncing balls

I saw it fine in Chrome, but my wife didn't see anything but the standard logo in IE7. She switched to her Firefox browser and the balls bounced.

So what gives?

- Collapse -
More peculiar...

This article is about a new logo today that doesn't seem to work for me, I only see the usual logo.

- Collapse -
I saw it earlier today

but it's not there now. Maybe changed at noon?

- Collapse -
(NT) usual logo + instant search=impressive

CNET Forums