General discussion

Cheap, yet decent, receiver

I'm in the market to buy a home theater receiver for use with my computer.

Presently, I have an Audigy 2 sound card and Creative Inspire 6.1 speakers which I'd like to reuse if at all possible. The speakers connect to the sub using standard composite connectors, however, the sub has three 1/8" analog connectors which connect to the sound card.

So, what I'm looking for, is suggestions on either a receiver unit that will accept the 1/8" analog connectors, or the best way to go about hooking this speaker set to a receiver unit.

My budget at the time being is $150-200, which I know won't get me the greatest quality in the world. I like to try out ideas using cheap components first, then if it works out, I replace it with better stuff. New, used, refurb, doesn't make a difference to me, so long as the thing works.

Given all this, what would people suggest?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Cheap, yet decent, receiver
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cheap, yet decent, receiver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info