Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Charter Members

by gooslojo / June 22, 2005 4:10 PM PDT

Cheney on Howard Dean:

''I've never been able to understand his appeal. Maybe his mother loved him, but I've never met anybody who does. He's never won anything, as best I can tell,'' Cheney said in an interview on Fox News Channel's ''Hannity & Colmes.''

Dean on Cheney:

''But we gotta be there and fight in order to do it. And believe me, we are going to fight back. I don't care if **** Cheney likes my mother or not. We are going to fight back,'' Dean said to cheers and applause. ''I think it's great that **** Cheney went after me, to be honest. At least they notice there's a Democratic Party that's not going to put up with this stuff any more. So there's a lot we're gonna do.''

Did these guys hone their skills at Cnet SE!

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adpid=2005062117150999002

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Charter Members
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Charter Members
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Good one G-man
by Ziks511 / June 22, 2005 5:12 PM PDT
In reply to: Charter Members
Collapse -
Perhaps ...
by Evie / June 22, 2005 10:37 PM PDT

... notice how Dean misinterpreted Cheney's comments to imply that he has attacked his Mother. Cheney did nothing of the sort. Sounds familiar.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Very Familiar
by gooslojo / June 22, 2005 11:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Perhaps ...
Collapse -
''He's never won anything, as best I can tell''
by Josh K / June 23, 2005 3:29 AM PDT

From Dean's bio at the DNC website:
He began his political career in the early 1980's as the Chittenden County (Vermont) Democratic Party chair. In 1983, Dean was elected to the Vermont House of Representatives. He was then elected lieutenant governor in 1986 and was re-elected in 1988 and 1990. He became Vermont's governor upon the death of Governor Richard A. Snelling on August 14, 1991.

Elected to a full term in November 1992, Governor Dean was re-elected four more times....

So much for never having won anything. But maybe this is just another example of Cheney's faulty memory, along with his inability to recall having met John Edwards on several occasions.

Collapse -
Perhaps ...
by Evie / June 23, 2005 3:35 AM PDT

... he was referring to him winning anything in the last Presidential election (not one primary) or on the national level (except DNC chair).

Not recalling meeting John Edwards isn't exactly difficult to imagine Josh. In fact, remind me? Who was John Edwards again? LOL

Collapse -
Correction ...
by Evie / June 23, 2005 3:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Perhaps ...

... I do believe he won the Vermont primary. Woo hoooo! YeeeeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) My dog could win theVT primary
by gooslojo / June 23, 2005 3:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Correction ...
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is his name Howard? ;-)
by Evie / June 23, 2005 4:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
No,his name is TJ and
by gooslojo / June 23, 2005 4:16 AM PDT

unfortunately he probably wouldn't even be allowed in the state,since he is black.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) True,but he was always picked last for dodgeball
by gooslojo / June 23, 2005 3:38 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.