Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Character generator software or other options?

Dec 29, 2007 4:21PM PST

I wanted to know how I can display song lyrics at church from our laptop and through our projector. Currently we are just using Powerpoint slideshow (with only background and lyrics) on a laptop hooked up directly to our projector. I would like to have a setup like a character generator for the lyrics over my choice of still backgrounds, video or perhaps live video someday. Are there inexpensive options to accomplish this?

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
This might work
Dec 29, 2007 5:00PM PST
- Collapse -
You'll be surprised how easy that software is to write.
Dec 29, 2007 11:10PM PST

Go get the FREE Visual Basic Express from Microsoft. Now write about ten lines of code (less really) and you have your teleprompter.

Bob

- Collapse -
It's not quite clear to me what you are looking for.
Dec 30, 2007 1:26AM PST

The simplest approach is something like Photoshop that can composite whatever text or images you wish.

Stepping up a bit, After Effects can feed progressive text on top of a video or still photo background.

- Collapse -
Thanks
Jan 9, 2008 5:04PM PST

Thanks... I'll try these suggestions.

- Collapse -
Geeeez, this post is 11 days old I thought it was done
Jan 9, 2008 5:20PM PST

Good luck. I bet you have a pile of e-mails. Grin