Computer Help forum

General discussion

changing username and email registration with CNET

by slowpoke1 / November 22, 2005 1:13 AM PST

How do I change my username and email with the registration department of CNET.
I just signed up minutes ago, but am already unhappy with the fact that I have received ads on my email account. I would like to use a different account that I can dedicate to just chat group and forum type stuff.
Is it too late to make any changes?
If that is the case I will block the CNET site from my email account and never use it again.
I have windows 98SE

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: changing username and email registration with CNET
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: changing username and email registration with CNET
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
??
by PKsteven / November 22, 2005 2:12 AM PST

Are you sure you are unsubscribed from emails? Cnet won't send any ads unless you tell it to, I have been subscribed for quite some time and never got anything from them I didn't ask for. Remember, before laying blame, threatening to BLOCK, (especially if not true or correct info) ask yourself if you actually took more than a second or two to look at your options. You didn't happen to see manage newsletters in your bio\profile page upper right corner? hmmmmmmm? Not to mention their email has an unsubscribe from at the bottom.

Have a nice day Happy Paul

Collapse -
Slowpoke, Since Everything Is Tied To The Username..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / November 22, 2005 5:14 AM PST

...then you'll need to create a new account which would include a new username and new e-mail address. Watch carefully on which options you select when signing up the next time..By the way, I believe you should be able to "unsubscribe" from those e-mails by selecting that option in the mail message..

When you're ready to eliminate your "old" Slowpoke1 account, please let me know and I'll ask the site admin to eliminate your account.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.