General discussion

Changing Username

How do I change my Username. I was able to update my email address and password but could not see how to change my username.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Changing Username
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Changing Username
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Need More Information....

The operating system being used?.. ON a domain or not? Have you already tried opening the Control Panel-User Accounts and changing the user name there?

Hope this helps and let us know more.

Grif

- Collapse -
Or do you mean

your username in these forums?

Mark

- Collapse -
Changing username

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was talking about when I login to the Cnet sight and cant find anywhere to change my username.

- Collapse -
I've alerted the Forum Admin.

Only he can change your username. He will contact you after the week-end.

Mark

- Collapse -
(NT) I emailed you, please reply to that email. Thanks!
- Collapse -
I need to change my username

Hi, i need to change my username or delete the account and create a new one if its not possible anymore, i figured i would try replying directly to you before i attempt to start a new thread. I believe i got my username auto assigned in a way in 2010 when i signed in using a google account and I changed the email adress hoping to have the option then to change username but to no avail. I guess its not a big deal to delete the account if i need to or if its inconvenient to change it but I wanted to try, please let me know, you can reply directly to my email assuming you are able to based on the context of this thread. Thanks in advance.

CNET Forums