Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Changing the langage of Windows XP's hardware

by sabre000001 / June 23, 2010 6:23 AM PDT

Hello
I would like to change the DEFAULT langage of Windows XP that is to say I would like my WHOLE windows XP to be in English, not in French.
Does anyone know how to do that ?
Thanks for your answers

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Changing the langage of Windows XP's hardware
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Changing the langage of Windows XP's hardware
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Reinstall The Mulitlanguage or French Version Of XP
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 23, 2010 6:50 AM PDT

Although you can change the text language used for Fonts, text, numbers, currency, etc. (Control Panel/Regional and Language Options), if you want everything to be in French, including the installation instructions, etc., you'll need to reinstall the French version.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
change the langage of windows and the spelling reviewer
by sabre000001 / June 23, 2010 7:17 AM PDT

Yes I knew I could do the Control Panel thing but as you guessed my system is actually all in French and I would like it to be all in English.
If I need to install the English version will my datas of the French version be deleted ?

By the way I have another problem because of the langage of my windows.
As it is in French Firefox obviously underline in red every English work that I type because it thinks the spelling is wrong.
Do you know how to desactivate this and activite the English orthography checker instead ?

Collapse -
Reinstalling The English Language Version Of Windows XP
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / June 23, 2010 9:31 AM PDT

...will require formatting the drive and reinstalling everything.. I've not heard of anyone being successful with a "repair" install to change languages.. As such, everything will be wiped from the drive before the install..

Changing to the correct language choice will fix your problem with Firefox.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
change the langage of windows and the spelling reviewer
by sabre000001 / June 23, 2010 8:31 PM PDT

Alright this is what I wanted to know.
Thank you [=

Collapse -
Added nugget.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2010 9:23 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.