Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Changed ISP and all internal PCs now fail to send email.

Ok, this is weird one!

I changed providers this week, and of course the static IPs changed for my router and W2k3 server, all internal PCs are under DHCP and working fine regarding Internet.

But, MS Outlook 2003 in all of the clients stopped working to send emails (yes only to send) I already have the clients authenticating with the SMTP server and what happens is that whatever email sent get stuck in the outbox UNLESS it is NOT HTML!

I have tried many different tests but I am right now running out of options! I also run the SCANPST tool without success. BTW even a test with an email account on the new ISP failed to send!

Thanks for ANY tip!

Eladio

Task 'USER - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Changed ISP and all internal PCs now fail to send email.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Changed ISP and all internal PCs now fail to send email.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Outgoing SMTP address

In reply to: Changed ISP and all internal PCs now fail to send email.

Have you change the Outgoing SMTP address to the one provided by your new ISP in MS Outlook? If so, check and see if the authentication setting is correct. Most ISP now requried authentication for using their SMTP server. You should be able to find those information from you new ISP web site support section. If you are using your own domain name (smtp.yourdomain.com) as your Outgoing SMTP server, check and make sure you are using your new ISP DNS servers. Thats all I can think of right now.

Albert

Collapse -
I found what was the problem!

In reply to: Outgoing SMTP address

After running all possible troubleshooting routines I decided to go to the basics! I disconected everything and began reconecting and testing step by step, well it turn out to be the wifi router I have there! Somehow it is blocking pachages on port 25 and this coincidentally began after the ISP switch. I simply set it to be only an Access Point and set my server to route and voila... all up again! Well now I got to deal with the routers' manufactory to discover what is the problem.
Thank you anyway!
Eladio

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.