Question

Change Netflix account on Samsung SmartHub Netflix app?

Feb 4, 2012 8:59AM PST

Does anyone know how to change the account/login info on the SmartHub Netflix app? I am currently logged in with a cancelled account and there is no visible way to logout or change the user info.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Change Netflix account on Samsung SmartHub Netflix app?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Change Netflix account on Samsung SmartHub Netflix app?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Solved!
Feb 4, 2012 9:13AM PST

It turns out Netflix has incredibly helpful 24/7 support.

This is really the answer to this question:

While logged into the old account and with the app showing the list of movies, hit the following sequence of buttons on the TV remote: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, up, up, up, up.

- Collapse -
Additional Info
Jul 18, 2012 8:30AM PDT

This will DEACTIVATE the device. So it works, but you will have to reactivate your TV.

- Collapse -
Thought this was a joke at first, but it's legit
Jul 18, 2012 2:03PM PDT
- Collapse -
Smart Hub = 8 bit NES?
Jul 22, 2012 9:55AM PDT

I find Smart Hub to be terribly annoying and so poorly organized that it's almost unusable. This should be a simple thing and I find it kind of funny that you have to enter what seems to be the code to have unlimited lives in Contra.

- Collapse -
It can't be
Jan 15, 2014 3:21PM PST

I saw this answer on another forum and disregarded it because it was a contra/mk3 code figured someone was trollin -__-

- Collapse -
incredible
Jul 29, 2013 8:22AM PDT

I also confirm this code works. I had the same problem with a lapsed account, and putting in the above combination of key presses deactivates the app and the account, then when you go back into the app you can log into your account.
Unbelievable, that this is the way to change the account details... but it works.

- Collapse -
netflix
Jan 9, 2014 12:33AM PST
- Collapse -
This is 2014.
Jan 9, 2014 2:57AM PST

Time for the dinosaurs to evolve.

- Collapse -
Thank you
Jan 27, 2014 11:18AM PST

Code works. Happy

- Collapse -
SOLVED
Feb 15, 2016 3:00PM PST

SOLVED

- Collapse -
Thank you
May 11, 2016 5:54AM PDT

Could help wondering why it would need to be such a pain to delete the account.
worked though. Thank you.

- Collapse -
Answer
Wow it worked
Oct 22, 2013 11:16PM PDT

well, that was NOT expected - This combination of clicks..is that in a book somewhere? How in the h*** would anyone know that? Is there a similar maneuver to manage other accounts in the Samsung Hub?

- Collapse -
Answer
Help
Oct 29, 2015 9:55PM PDT

How can I change?

- Collapse -
Answer
Change Netflix account on Samsung SmartHub Netflix app
Feb 15, 2016 2:32PM PST

Change Netflix account on Samsung SmartHub Netflix app

- Collapse -
Try again.
Feb 15, 2016 2:50PM PST

The question has answers above. Your post looks incomplete.

CNET Forums

Forum Info