Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Change e-mail address in forum?

by werew0lf / August 28, 2009 6:38 AM PDT

The e-mail address this forum has is an old one for me. How do I change my e-mail address for this forum? Or do I have to create a whole new userid?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Change e-mail address in forum?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Change e-mail address in forum?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I don't think it is possible to do it yourself.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 28, 2009 6:53 AM PDT

But I have alerted Lee Koo, the Forum Admin, and he will post with his email address so you can contact him.

I hope that helps.

Mark

Collapse -
Here's how to change it...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / August 28, 2009 7:21 AM PDT

On this page go to the top right corner of the page. Look for the link "My profile" this is assuming you are logged in to CNET. If you don't see it, log into CNET first.

Once you are on your CNET profile page, look to the right column, under the sub-heading "My account settings", there should be a link that reads "Update my e-mail address", go ahead and click on that link.

You should now be on page where you will have to log in again (this is just to make sure it's really you who is accessing this info.) Go ahead and log in again. Once you have logged in successfully, you should see a page that displays all your registered information on CNET, and in the email field, go ahead and update that field with your new email address and click the "Update my profile" button.

Now while this process does update your email address, you will now have to verify that email address is in fact valid. So go ahead and check your email inbox to see if you received a confirmation email from CNET (it may take a few minutes to be delivered to you). If you have received the email, just simply open the email and confirm it and you should be good to go now.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers!
-Lee

Collapse -
Thanks Lee.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / August 28, 2009 8:08 PM PDT

I will try and remember that in future.

I had looked all over, (I thought), in Forum Preferences, but couldn't find anything. I clean forgot about 'My profile'!

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?