Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Cetin

by phantazy / March 27, 2005 6:34 PM PST

Is Cetin on holiday? I miss his answers to posts.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cetin
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cetin
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Found
by phantazy / March 27, 2005 6:54 PM PST
In reply to: Cetin

Sorry Cetin, I did not explore deep enough, found you alive and well.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) just to let you know hes a she:)
by Mark5019 / March 27, 2005 8:12 PM PST
In reply to: Cetin
Collapse -
LOL Mark, are you sure ?
by Cetin Denislam / March 27, 2005 8:42 PM PST

? AFAIR, Jonah posted this female tale as a joke a couple of years before ;). I see that the joke was good Happy

Regards,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Collapse -
i beleave i saw your pic on waynes site
by Mark5019 / March 27, 2005 9:13 PM PST

please tell me im not crazy?

Collapse -
Yep, at Wayne's page ...
by Cetin Denislam / March 27, 2005 10:43 PM PST

? I'm the guy (e.g. Cetin) with my wife, Zeinur. Here's the picture, although some folks have a closer one, e.g. more up to date :). Of course I have theirs too, not found at Wayne's. Won't disclose the identity though ;).

Regards,

Cetin

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) ill be darned sorry i was wrong:)
by Mark5019 / March 27, 2005 11:00 PM PST
Collapse -
sheesh, he'll never let me live it down ;-)
by jonah jones / March 28, 2005 7:32 PM PST

hi Cetin, just curious, does Zeinur by any chance mean "Beautiful Light"?

jonah

Collapse -
*Beautiful Light* ? *Gods don't resist* ?
by Cetin Denislam / March 29, 2005 1:36 AM PST

Well Jonah, it depends of the first language. For example:

- If I think in my nation's language the English translation is:

Zeinur - - > Saint or Honor

- If I think in my citizenship's language the English translation is:

Zeinur - - > Gods don't r (esist)

So, both translations complete each other Happy

P.S. Of course it might mean *Beautiful Light* but in another oriental language Wink

Regards,

Cetin

Collapse -
Waynes site
by Stan Chambers / March 28, 2005 11:26 AM PST

Hi Mark, and no, you aren't losing your mind.
If you visited Wayne's site using Firefox, you may have seen Centin as a member of the opposite sex, or some other person.
When I use Firefox, the photos get jumbled, and show the wrong photo for the name beneath it. Best to use IE for browsing Wayne's photo page.

Collapse -
Re: Wayne's site.
by John Robie / March 29, 2005 4:02 AM PST
In reply to: Waynes site

Hi Stan,

The glitch with Firefox must have been fixed a while back possibly with the release of version 1.0.2 of Firefox.

I used to visit daily the forum that Alfred Poor and Cetin had some years back and also thought that Cetin was the red head lady sitting in that photo.

Collapse -
Re: Wayne's site.
by Cetin Denislam / March 31, 2005 8:15 PM PST
In reply to: Re: Wayne's site.

I noticed John a couple of times at Wayne's page that the names under the pictures were shifted with one position. However, the shift happened after my picture's position so I didn't care to dig it up ;).

I'm amazed that the regulars reversed me with my wife, but I have an explanation. That picture was originally named as "Cetin & Zeinur Denislam". So, the occidental guys read it from left to right while the Orientals read it from right to left, LOL. Anyway, I think that the Mods knew the gender because I posted several messages in the Backroom Forum those times.

Regards,

Cetin

Collapse -
I must also confess that
by roddy32 / March 31, 2005 10:21 PM PST
In reply to: Re: Wayne's site.

I thought you were female from that picture Cetin but Marianna in V&S set me straight. LOL

Collapse -
One day, a man came to Nasradin Hodja for an advise ...
by Cetin Denislam / April 11, 2005 8:29 AM PDT

He said: I have a problem. I can't see anything from my windows except the same sight, which isn't what I want. I used to be able to see the road, houses, trees and I could explore them from internal. Now I'm stuck with the same picture. Why it happened and what do I do ?

Ah, you Fired the Fox (terrier) your watch dog, that's why it happened said Hodja. Now, you should go to the road until you'll find a Castle full of Cops. Ask for a cop whose name it's Jack. When you'll meet kindly tell him:

Hi Jack, This is what I see on my windows. How can I get rid of this hooker ?

After he'll tell you how to get rid of it, come back and I'll tell you what to do next.

Cetin

Collapse -
I am no good at riddles but I know
by roddy32 / April 11, 2005 9:49 AM PDT

which Cop(s) you are talking about and which Castle to find them at and I know who Jack is but I don't use FireFox and I also don't have any hookers. I'm careful where I compute. LOL

Collapse -
It was not a riddle, it was a ?
by Cetin Denislam / April 12, 2005 1:19 AM PDT

? joke ;). I knew that you knew those places and actors. Well, Roddy it's good to know that you're safe without a watch dog, perhaps you're using some sorts of preventive stuff ? LOL.

Now, follow up the story and BTW, "any resemblance to real persons, is purely coincidental." Happy

Cetin

Collapse -
It was suggested by a mutual friend to
by roddy32 / April 12, 2005 3:25 AM PDT

offer this advice. "Let those of you who know tell those of you who don't!" Grin

Collapse -
Next week the man came back ?
by Cetin Denislam / April 12, 2005 1:19 AM PDT

? to Nasradin Hodja with a smile on his face.

Did you get rid of the hooker ? asked the Hodja.

Yep, Jack was even better than Jack the ripper. With his help and a couple of stabs the hooker vanished for good. Wink

That's OK said Hodja, but your problem isn't solved yet.

- You'll have to go to a Welch forest where you'll meet a man with a bat, little John. He's a good man (not a robber), and he'll show you the direction with his twig. You'll have to find Roddy Hood and Lady Marianna. Just follow the Mark on the flat road32 until you'll find some Tufe (BTW, this means Bushes). Ask them how can you beat the Gozilla and transform it to a mild faithful Mozilla. Don't be afraid, they aren't brigands perhaps some sort of texan Cowboys who take care of order and law.

- Another way is to dial 911 and you'll reach good people ready for help. They'll tell you how to stay out of hackers and how to cure the grief.

Go safe and have a nice Buenaventura. Come back and tell if your trip was full of profit.

Cetin

Collapse -
LOL , Have a good day Cetin and
by roddy32 / April 12, 2005 3:28 AM PDT

may you keep spreading Hodja's wisdom all over the land. Grin

Collapse -
Cetin, you allright???
by glenn30 / April 12, 2005 10:02 AM PDT
GrinGrinGrin

Take an aspirin and get a good night's sleep.

Glenn
Collapse -
Glenn, the only guy who was in trouble was the man ?
by Cetin Denislam / April 15, 2005 12:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Cetin, you allright???

? who came to Nasradin for his advice. Hodja was patient and showed him the "right way" Wink

I was going to ask you if you'd guess if the man will come back, but ? he've already done. Therefore, the question changes:

"Why do you think the man came back, because his problem was (generally speaking) solved ?"

P.S. I'm only the story teller, so I'm all right Grin

Regards,

Cetin

Collapse -
Absotively, Posolutely
by MarciaB / April 14, 2005 2:46 AM PDT

wonderful!

Thanks for the enjoyable read, Cetin. I look forward to further installments (?)

May Hodja's wisdom bring peace and tranquility to those who wish to learn Wink

--Marcia/Oregon

Collapse -
Mucha Gracia, Absogoddamnlutely, Marcia ?
by Cetin Denislam / April 15, 2005 12:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Absotively, Posolutely

The initial draft of this story had four parts, so you guessed well the "further installments".

I made some changes in the process, as you might notice for yourself in the third part Wink

Enjoy the reading, as I did Or*on pictures viewing ! Cool

Regards,

Cetin

Collapse -
Enjoying it! More! More!
by MarciaB / April 21, 2005 1:20 AM PDT

We should have a separate thread JUST for your story (parable? fable? tale? yarn?). What fun Happy

You saw Orion's Senior pictures? I'm honored that you mention that and saying you enjoyed them. Mom's like that kind of stuff Grin

Take care Cetin, and I'm serious about re-posting a FULL accounting of your story.

--Marcia/Oregon

Collapse -
More ? Ask and you'll receive ...
by Cetin Denislam / April 23, 2005 6:06 AM PDT

Well Marcia, when I told you that I enjoyed the Or*on pictures, I was thinking about two things (besides other possibilities). But you, as a good Mom, chose the son first (state second) ;-).

I can't tell you if these are stories, yarns, maybe something like "Lollipop jokes". But there is something in them: some final learning point.

You want to be my publisher and distributor for the lollipops ? Go ahead and discuss it with my agent Grin

P.S. Talking about lollipop joke, read another one that you and some others are aware of the subject: "Nasradin Hodja & *Petals Around the Rose* game ..."

Have Fun,

Cetin Happy

Collapse -
Nasradin Hodja & *Petals Around the Rose* game ...
by Cetin Denislam / April 23, 2005 6:06 AM PDT

Nasradin Hodja was told that "The game can be used as an example of how different people look at the world differently, and how these different ways of looking can yield different answers."

So, he asked some guys (real or artificial) in order to see if the statement: "in Petals Around the Rose there is always one correct answer" is true. Let's see what he found out:

Blackjack player: Whatever the 5 dices combination I'd roll, I can't reach 21. This is crap.

Juliet (The Balcony Scene):

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet.
O, be some other name
Belonging to a man.

Math guy: I don't understand why it took the teacher a year to solve the problem. He should've used the "brute force" method. There are maximum 7776 combinations, in maximum 3 days I'd have all the possible results.

Lover boyfriend: If I'd give my girlfriend 5 roses, the next day I'd see no petals. She was curious if I love her, so she pulled the petals: loves me, loves me not and so on. This game has no sense.

Spy man: No problemo, we looked at the source code and the answer was obvious . "No pistols shots finding the petals out", could be our next marketing slogan.

Poker player : How comes that a four aces hand is less than four sixes ? Example:

1 1 1 1 3
6 6 6 6 5

This is cheating.

Geometry guy: I see only dots, so roses are out of discussion. Only a sick minded man could imagine roses from dots.

Fishing man: No big deal, found the answer in 15 minutes on-line search. But I saw guys that said *polar bears around the ice hole*. So, take care of the bears (animal protection) because they are as tender as petals.

Artificial Intelligence Learning System (AILS). Give me some combination and I'll infer the correct result.

1 1 1 1 1 --> 0
1 1 1 1 2 --> 0
1 1 1 1 3 --> 2
1 1 1 1 4 --> 0
1 1 1 1 5 --> 4
1 1 1 1 6 --> 0

That's enough, I can now guess the correct result, said AILS. BTW, I learned something new today: roses are 5 tuples numbers (between 1 and six).

Rock band star Axel: Roses, petals, where ? I don't see any Roses, maybe some Guns.

If "I shoot 5 fireworks guns around a live concert, there are how many sparks ?"

By seeing these different guys reactions, Nasradin whispered his beard: These Ph. D.s doesn't deserve Petals, they are in fact *Pet Shop Boys* that gone south rather than:

Go west
(life is peaceful there)
Go west
(in the open air)
Go west
(baby, you and me)
Go west
(this is our destiny)

Cetin Happy

Collapse -
and don't forget
by jonah jones / April 25, 2005 5:55 AM PDT

Nasradin Hodja the romantic...

"your cheeks are like petals"...

bicycle pedals

Wink

Collapse -
Well, He!!s Bells!
by MarciaB / April 28, 2005 6:03 AM PDT

Why didn't you provide me with this bit of entertaining information when I was spending time getting headaches from the damn Petals/Rose nonsense??!?? Took me 3 days before I slapped my forehead "Aha!!" with an added "Well, good grief! I feel like an idjit!!"

The AILS bit would have given it to me in a heartbeat!! Arrrgh! Wink

Romeo & Juliet?? My 10 year old just finished participating in a "Shakespear for Kids" production of such. He was Friar Laurence. Cutest and bestest on the stage Grin No! Really! He was!

Take care, Cetin.

Collapse -
Thanks Cetin..
by SumerBrez / April 28, 2005 1:37 AM PDT

for the interesting reading..look forward to more.
; )

Collapse -
99% Proffitt (1% was transpiration): Kiis, KooL ?
by Cetin Denislam / April 15, 2005 12:33 AM PDT
It was a long journey and the trip was fruitful. Not only they added the faithful watch dog, they also gave me a full set of instructions, a keepsaker. I wanted to take a snapshot with my digicam for a reminder picture (borrowed from a friend who won a surprisingly gift, didn't pay Bill B-)), but ?they insisted only for their autographs. I'll frame the autographs and I'll suspend with solid anchors on the hall?s wall. I'll show it to my friends and will tell the story to my nephews.

BTW, as far as I know, the fishing season is closed for two months. Is this why you sent me for hunting instead of fisihing ?

Yep, that?s why I sent you to safe places for hunting so to SpeakEasy, said the Hodja.

I have one last question for you: How did you know where should I go, what to ask them for, and why were you damn sure that my problem will be solved ?

Cetin
Collapse -
99% Proffitt....reminds me of the joke
by jonah jones / April 15, 2005 6:14 PM PDT

a retired school teacher goes to the local market...sees a familiar face and asks "aren't you cetin desinlam?, you work for the owner of this stall?"

the man answers "yes sir!, i am cetin denislam, and this is my stall"

ex-teacher says "but how can this be??? in school you were the worst pupil i ever had!!! you couldn't even add 2 and 2 and make it come out as 4 :-("...

cetin with a smile..answers "well sir, i don't know, but if i buy something for $1 and sell it for $2, well.....that 1% keeps me and my family happy"

Wink

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!