General discussion

Certification of incoming and outgoing email.

Apology. This was posted in error to the V&S Forum'

Certification of incoming and outgoing email. - New!

by dawillie - 5/26/11 5:27 PM

AVG Free 2011, version 10.0.1375, Virus DB 1509/3662, on Windows XP-Pro with Outlook Express as my default email.

I have noticed that there is no certification message at the bottom of both incoming and outgoing email which is a change from the way it was.

I went to Tools> Advanced and checked the email scanner and noticed it was set to certify both incoming and outgoing email.

On sending myself a test message from another email address I was able to confirm that there was no certification message on the incoming email.

What changes do I need to make to correct this?

TY in advance.
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Certification of incoming and outgoing email.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Certification of incoming and outgoing email.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: Certification of incoming and outgoing email

Hello dawillie,

- Collapse -
Certification of incoming and outgoing email.

Thank you Ondrej. I checked the settings in the email scanner and found that mine says 'Microsoft Outlook' instead of 'Outlook Express'.

I also expanded the email scanner link and found that there is no facility to change the name of the email or the server type.

- Collapse -
RE: Certification of incoming and outgoing email.

Hello dawillie,

Since you are using Outlook Express, suitable plugin for you is Personal E-mail Scanner.
Please follow FAQ 3017, remove Microsoft Outlook plugin and install Personal E-mail Scanner plugin.

If the certification is still not being displayed, please check settings according to FAQ 3014.

Thank you

CNET Forums