HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Cellphone Recommendation ??

by globalcrook / December 16, 2007 10:11 AM PST

Im just looking to upgrade my cellphone from a LG Chocolate TG800 to something, but I don't know which cellphone to buy?

Looking for these capabilities in the cellphone:
1) Calling
2) Bluetooth
3) wifi
4) Video, Music etc
6) Customizable Ringtones etc.
7) A good camera

A cellphone which is not entirely large and easy to slip into the pocket? Any recommendations ???

ThankYou for your help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cellphone Recommendation ??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cellphone Recommendation ??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
recommendation
by wliang / December 16, 2007 11:37 PM PST

just looking at all you wanted..the word iphone just popped into my head

Collapse -
Cellphone Recommendation ??
by LolaGeek / December 17, 2007 2:37 AM PST

I think all the features you mentioned, with the exception of maybe WiFi, are pretty much standard on new cell phones, so you have your pick of probably everything your carrier offers. I would recommend going to your carrier's web site, seeing what they have, and picking a few favorites to compare more in-depth.

Collapse -
go pearl.
by thisfightisnotmine / December 17, 2007 2:42 AM PST

Upgrading from the chocolate? We are in the same boat, my friend. I have a chocolate right now, and I want those same things. After doing a bunch of research, I'd say go with the new blackberry pearl from Verizon. It has all of the features that you listed, along with the great features that go along with a blackberry. It has a 2.0 mp camera, great email functionality, and even though it's a smartphone, it really doesn't feel too bulky, and can fit in a pants pocket. The new trackball is very nice, allowing you to scroll through webpages and menus fairly easily. I just wanted to share what I've looked at, since that's what I'm going to go with. I hope you find the right phone for you!

Collapse -
Very Good Recommendation Site
by kutiY / April 29, 2009 9:22 PM PDT
Collapse -
Sony Ericsson is best for you.
by iwantabmw / May 6, 2009 2:08 AM PDT

Hello globalcrook, well the features which you are looking for in a cell phone is found in every phone now a days. All the phones now a days have calling, blue tooth, wifi, video & music player, customizable ringtone & good camera. Surprisingly iphone has some of these features missing or else I would definitely recommend the iphone to u.

I think for you the best phone would be a Sony Ericsson phone, have you seen the C905? What do u think about it?
I really liked the C905, it looks really great and it has a 8MP camera that takes wonderful stunning pictures. You can also go with the XPERIA X1 although its a bit big and bulky but the features in it will make you go wild.

The Sony Ericsson G700 is good to & quite reasonable in price, it has 3G in it and its also PDA, i had this phone before, I loved it...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.