Phones forum

General discussion

Cellphone reception

I had a lot of trouble with reception in my area on my
Verizon account. No amount of complaining to Verizon did anything about the reception. We finally droped Verizon, and after much discussion, we are trying TracFone. So far the reception is better then great &
seeing as we don't use our cell phone as much as some people, considerably less expensive. No contracts necessary with TracFone. Once you get the phone & set it up, you have to buy cards with various amounts of minutes. Once you use up the minutes you buy another
card. We got in on a special that TracFone was running
where we bought a years card that started with 150 minutes and got a free phone and an additional 200 minutes bonus, for a total of 350 minutes. The total cost was $105, compared to the $450 we were paying Verizon.
Pretty good, wouldn't you say?
Eugene L. McQuaid
mcquaid@northlink.com

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cellphone reception
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cellphone reception
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Cellphone reception

In reply to: Cellphone reception

Hey checkout http://www.wirelessreview.net, it provides cell phone reception ranking by carrier, zip code and phone model. Free site, user supported.

Collapse -

Eugene...
Sorry you had those issues with your Verizon phones and account. I have been with them for 4 years, and have great service, but then as they say it's all in "location, location, location"!! By the way, what is your location if you don't mind me asking? Hope the Trak-Phone works well for you...a friend has one and she loves it, but a couple of questions and observations. Those total minutes I would imagine are for a 24 hour period vs. like with the other carrier's where they are for a "peak-period", then you have un-limited night/weekend minutes, so you don't burn-up all your peak minutes. How much do you use your phone? Is it on 24/7, or is it just for "emergencies"? Did you look into the other carrier's in your area, such as: T-Mobile, Cingular, AT&T or Sprint? T-Mobile has some good deal's. If you end up using up those minutes fast, then you may want to look into one of the other carrier's, and check out the "service" ratings and forums on CNET here, or check out "Phonescoop" or "WirelessAdvisor" as well. All these are very helpful. Whether you stay with Trak-Phone, or choose another carrier in the future, good luck!!

Collapse -

Tracfone rules. I have had them since November 2001. They are the best cellular company.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!