Phones forum

General discussion

Cell phone with good calendar and address book features

by Octomom / January 1, 2009 3:51 AM PST

Hi. My PDA is finally on its last legs and I'm thinking about getting a PDA/phone combo. Problem is, the only features I really need in a phone are a good calendar and an address book that allows the input of street addresses in addition to phone numbers. I'm currently with Verizon so had looked at the Omnia which seems to have too many bells and whistles (such as Word and Excel which I won't really use) and the Dare which doesn't have an address book that allows input of street addresses. Don't think I'll even need web and e-mail access that much. Just want a phone to use as a phone and a place to include all of my appointments and my addresses. Does this type of phone exist? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cell phone with good calendar and address book features
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cell phone with good calendar and address book features
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Sounds like a Treo Centro would do fine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 1, 2009 4:01 AM PST
Collapse -
treo
by woodygg / January 8, 2009 2:04 AM PST

and you'll be much happier with a real keyboard... touch screen keyboards are horrible if you have to use them much. slide outs will be the way of the future.... form factors will come down for them...

Collapse -
Went with Omnia even tho may be Overkill
by wtherrell / January 5, 2009 12:31 AM PST

Do you need it to sync up with your desktop or laptop, or just standalone? I always have to find out if a prospective phone does that easily. iPhone short changes Outlook users and does not have a userchangeable battery so it was out for me. Tried and LG Env and it would sync some things like email but not calendar and tasks. Coming from a Dell Axim PDA, the only thing I could find that would combine my accustomed functionality with a good phone was to go with a good Windows Mobile Professional phone. A Winmo standard device might do you just as well. I finally settled on the Omnia even though it had many features I might never use. Its looks and functionality won me over. And who knows, I might play around with it and discover a whole new world of stuff I can do on my phone. It is almost infinitely customizable--CNET does not give this any attention, a big disappointment in CNET for me. But it is also very functional right out of the box as is.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.