Question

Cell phone videos uploaded to PC upsidedown

I have several videos that I took with my Palm Pre. When I uploaded them to my PC they came out upsidedown and there doesn't appear to be any (visible) way to turn them around on my Vista 64 bit HP Pavilion computer to view them in Windows Media Player. I am hoping to get some suggestions on how to resolve this

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Cell phone videos uploaded to PC upsidedown
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Cell phone videos uploaded to PC upsidedown
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
That's sadly proper.

If you research this, you find it's a common problem and you use tools to flip or convert the video.

Look up HANDBRAKE.
Bob

- Collapse -
VLC flip note.

In VLC you can go into Settings -> Preferences -> Video -> Filters.
Add the Video Transform filter and save. Then go into Transform Type
and select "Rotate by 180 Degrees". Save. Play your video and it's flipped.
Bob

- Collapse -
Cell phone videos uploaded to PC upsidedown

Thanks for the info. I am going to download this VLC media player and give it a try. (Roxio has a program that would do this also, but I don't want to pay to fix just a few videos.)

- Collapse -
Answer
Also try the free VLC media player

FWIW, some videos will play correctly with this piece of software. YMMV.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It's basically a swiss army-knife type of player that does great with audio too.

- Collapse -
Answer
Go for VLC player

Its simple jus convert them into another format, may be this can work out

CNET Forums