HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Cell phone spyware

by scchemist / October 6, 2010 10:28 AM PDT

My sister has a stalker and he has access to all her phone conversations and we believe he is intercepting her text messages also. How can she get this removed.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cell phone spyware
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cell phone spyware
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
suggestions
by birdmantd Forum moderator / October 6, 2010 11:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Cell phone spyware

First of all, contact law enforcement!!

Spyware has to be installed in the phone, get a new phone.

Collapse -
mobiper.com
by mobiper / October 6, 2010 6:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Cell phone spyware

This is not science fiction, it's real and can happen to anyone who is not careful. Most mobile spyware is almost impossible to detect, but there are a few signs that can tip you off if you happen to have it on your phone.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Admin for signature link which is prohibited in these forums.

Collapse -
I agree
by scchemist / October 6, 2010 7:29 PM PDT
In reply to: mobiper.com

When text messages from my sister's ex boyfriend come in and she goes to save them, they just disappear. Her phone is restarting itself for no reason. We've tried contacting Sprint, and I even emailed the phone manufacturer (Samsung) and they sent me back this message, "Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we do not support the use of 3rd party applications and services with any of our devices. For this reason, we do not have information compiled on possible resources. The suggestion we can offer would be to search the internet to locate an application to suit your needs.

We thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Technical Support". This is absolutely no help at all. She has switched phone numbers and cell phones. We do not know how he is still tapped in. The only thing she moved from her old phone is her SD memory card. Sprint doesn't have SIM cards so we know that's not an issue. I am not a technical person. There are more offers for spyware on the internet, then there are solutions to remove it. It's making her nervous because she believes it is making him more angry and he will try to hurt her.

Collapse -
It's not spyware
by Pepe7 / October 7, 2010 12:45 AM PDT
In reply to: I agree

What is happening is that the ex has gained access to her account somehow (think, ID theft, etc.) and is likely manipulating it online via the Sprint portal. Otherwise, w/o physical posession of the handset there would be no such ability.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.