Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Cell Phone Signal Booster

Dec 28, 2005 6:50AM PST

My brother and I got my parents a Verizon cell phone for Christmas, but the phone has poor reception in their house. The reception is fine outside the house or inside near their big windows. The problem appears to be signal strength inside the house. So...

Can anyone recommend a device to boost the signal strength? I don't need a specific device. I can look up the details later. I just need to know if signal boosters really work. Here is an example of a device I'm looking at: 9625 Wireless Extender - Repeater System. It is available at smarthome.com for 1900 Mhz phones. Another model is available for 850 Mhz phones. Do these types of devices really work?

Thanks,
Scott

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Read This
Dec 28, 2005 11:56AM PST
- Collapse -
read this You will not be sorry
Dec 29, 2005 9:48PM PST

Bring phone back and get the motorola e815,i had the same problem,but with the e815 i get very good reception.

- Collapse -
Yes, Wireless Extenders booster works
Jan 5, 2006 2:30AM PST

I have tried a Wireless Extenders booster and a Digital Antenna booster. The Wireless Extenders one worked better, was easier to install, cheaper, and looks better. They've done a good job of making a complicated problem (signal propagation and amplification) easy enough for most people, I think.

Verizon is almost always 850MHz, check www.wirelessadvisor.com and enter your zip code.

Michael

- Collapse -
Link to ongoing discussion and thread is locked.
Jan 5, 2006 3:00AM PST