The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Cell phone sets man's pants on fire...

*****
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/15/cell.phone.fire.ap/index.html

VALLEJO, California (AP) -- A cell phone apparently ignited in a man's pocket and started a fire that burned his hotel room and caused severe burns over half his body, fire department officials said.

Luis Picaso, 59, was in stable condition Monday with second- and third-degree burns to his upper body, back, right arm and right leg, Vallejo Fire Department assistant chief Kurt Henke said.

Firefighters arrived at the residential hotel Saturday night to find Picaso lying on the bathroom floor after a malfunctioning cell phone in his pants pocket set fire to his nylon and polyester clothes, Henke said.
*****

...and that's why I like cotton attire. This is too bad, I hope he has a speedy recovery...

I'd imagine this could be a battery issue...

--Shalin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cell phone sets man's pants on fire...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cell phone sets man's pants on fire...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I keep my phone in my purse

In reply to: Cell phone sets man's pants on fire...

but that's a girl thing Wink

Collapse -
(NT) cute :o)

In reply to: I keep my phone in my purse

Collapse -
It is sonys fault

In reply to: Cell phone sets man's pants on fire...

Was the battery made by Sony? It seems like all roads lead to them some how... at least when it comes to things with batteries.

:-0

Collapse -
2 more cases...

In reply to: Cell phone sets man's pants on fire...

Wow that's pretty weird and unlikely to happen, however last year 2 similar stories appeared at a news tv show. One of them was a Nokia cellphone that got fire when a young man was putting it in his t-shirt, and the other one was a women. Howerver they didn't get any money, neither their batteries replaced. They argued that they bought them in well-known shop, however autorithies suggested that they might have got a third party battery or they bought them form an unknown dealer (althought the users denied that). No investigation was carried (yes our laws never care for customers)... Who knows...

I never thought they could possibly happen,

Thanks anyway

Daniel

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.