Phones forum

General discussion

Cell Phone Pictures to your Computer

by arthurtrager / June 22, 2007 11:09 PM PDT

Enlighten me please. How do you get pictures taken with a cell phone on to your computer for printing and saving? I am a little bit savvy with a computer so my neighbor came to me with his new cell phone which had a couple of pictures he had taken and asked me that question. After reading all the instructions that came with the phone there is not one word about transferring the photos. (LG-Model CG225) I am still dumb founded.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cell Phone Pictures to your Computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cell Phone Pictures to your Computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Cell Phone Pictures to your Computer
by mercybeth / June 23, 2007 12:41 AM PDT

First you'll need a usb cable that will fit your phone, usually the web site for your phone (or phone carrier) will have those under "accessories", then you'll need a software application. I use "Data Pilot", but I've heard there are some phones that don't even require extra software. I suggest going online and reading everything about your phone. Sometimes the manual that comes with doesn't explain it all. After you've connected your phone to the computer via that usb cable, you should be able to transfer your photos over. Hope this helps.

Collapse -
no no no
by necrix / June 23, 2007 1:45 PM PDT

all you need to do (if your phone is capable of PIX messages) is to send the pictures in a PIX message to your email, then just save the pictures on your computer. to make things easy, just add your email as a contact (you can do the @ key with symbols).

Collapse -
Yes, Yes, Yes
by arthurtrager / June 23, 2007 9:52 PM PDT
In reply to: no no no

Could you give a little more information or where could I go to read more about sending text messages and exactly how do you attach the photo to the message.

Collapse -
Re: sending messages
by Kees Bakker / June 24, 2007 1:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, Yes, Yes
Collapse -
I did on my daughters Samsung ...
by Kees Bakker / June 23, 2007 9:27 PM PDT

not via a USB-cable but with the IR port on the phone and a IR receiver on the PC. Bluetooth might be a possibility also. Depends on the phone (I didn't lookup the specs) and on the PC.

And, yes, I needed some special data exchange software that Samsung cleverly hided somewhere on the web. But I must admit, I didn't ask my daughter if there was a CD with the phone when she bought it.

Good luck,

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.