Speakeasy forum

General discussion

celebrity illegal alien

by Edward ODaniel / October 13, 2010 4:19 AM PDT

"The woman in charge of our immigration enforcement [Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano] said she 'doesn't know' what to do about the country's celebrity illegal alien, Nicky Diaz, former housekeeper for California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman. Hang on -- it gets ditzier. Secretary Napolitano ... [said] that 'obviously this is ultimately a matter for California voters to decide.' I'm guessing the Arizona folks have a question for her: 'Madam Secretary, if it's 'ultimately a matter for California voters to decide' what to do about an illegal immigrant, why can't we? By the way, Gov. Jan Brewer loves your answer.'" --columnist Jan LaRue

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: celebrity illegal alien
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: celebrity illegal alien
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Gee!
by oldie and goody / October 13, 2010 5:09 AM PDT

And just as soon as California makes a decision to deport her, Obama and his ilk will sue their behinds off!!! Too bad Napolitano doesn't remember when she was governor and begging the Feds for help on the illegals!!! I hope she runs for any office in AZ again! I would love to deny her even the position of dog catcher!

Collapse -
Deport her anyway
by James Denison / October 13, 2010 10:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Gee!

And if Obama doesn't like it, give him the .....

Collapse -
How about a link, Ed?
by Josh K / October 14, 2010 11:31 PM PDT

It reads to me like it's up to California voters to decide whether to vote for Whitman even though she employed an illegal, not for voters to decide whether the illegal should be deported. Voters don't get to decide those things.

Collapse -
Here's what she said:
by Josh K / October 15, 2010 12:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Here

NAPOLITANO: Well, I will know it at some point. But, I don't know it right now. I mean I think obviously this is ultimately a matter for California voters to decide in terms --

That's where O'Reilly cut her off. In terms of what? Again, I'd guess "in terms of whether to let this impact their vote."

I know of no illegal alien case where people got to vote on what happens to him/her. Is there something on the CA ballot referencing this woman?

Collapse -
So you seem to be saying that ...
by Edward ODaniel / October 15, 2010 12:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Here's what she said:

NAPOLITANO did not say what she said because she didn't finish her statement?

That twisted reasoning clarifies some of your other statements - thanks for demonstrating your reasoning!

Collapse -
Actually she DID finish her sentence
by Josh K / October 15, 2010 12:27 AM PDT

See my post below.

Collapse -
did not say what she said because she didn't finish
by JP Bill / October 15, 2010 12:47 AM PDT

did not say what she said because she didn't finish her statement?

Collapse -
Actually I just watched it and...
by Josh K / October 15, 2010 12:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Here

..although O'Reilly cuts her off, she finishes the sentence "in terms of the impact on the governor's race."

So there. Wink

Collapse -
?So There?
by Mike_Hanks / October 15, 2010 12:43 AM PDT

What we have is an Obama official that is unable, unwilling, or incapable of enforcing a clear criminal violation of several federal laws.

?Heck of a job, Barry?

Collapse -
The original post claimed....
by Josh K / October 15, 2010 12:46 AM PDT
In reply to: ?So There?

....that she was saying it was up to the voters to decide what to do with this woman. The video belies that claim.

The head of DHS doesn't personally oversee every single illegal alien case.

Collapse -
She dosen't have to oversee any case
by Mike_Hanks / October 15, 2010 1:08 AM PDT

She could have at least said that it would be investagated to the fullest extent possible.
"The head of DHS doesn't personally oversee every single illegal alien case."

Clearly she oversees ZERO illegal alien cases.

Collapse -
Come on
by Josh K / October 15, 2010 1:20 AM PDT

She can't comment on the details of a case without having those details in front of her. Could she have phrased it better? Perhaps.

Collapse -
Comment on a specific case?
by JP Bill / October 15, 2010 1:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Come on

They do that in the US?...

In Canada they would never(on purpose) comment on a specific case...using the persons name and situation. They talk in general terms of a similar situation.

Collapse -
How about this?
by Mike_Hanks / October 15, 2010 1:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Come on

She could have at least said that it would be investagated to the fullest extent possible.

No specifics there.

Collapse -
She may not, Josh...
by J. Vega / October 15, 2010 3:34 AM PDT

Josh, she may not oversee illegal alien cases, but there is something about this one that should catch the attention of another official.
Diaz filled out a form OMB No. 1115-0136 Employment Eligibility Verification, which says:
I attest,under penalty of perjury, that I am:check one of the following):
and under that checked
A lawful Permanent Resident (Alien #______________ She then filled in a Alien number ,signed and dated the form.

As she has now publicly admitted that she was an illegal, it would seem that she committed perjury on that government form. This should make it a matter for the Department of Justice. So where is Eric Holder? With all of the coverage of this case, there is no doubt that he is well aware of it and all of the details. So why has he not addressed her perjury and the action that will be taken because of it? If he has chosen to not take action, then why did he make that decision? I think Holder owes the people of the U.S. an explanation.
Also, use of false documents in connection with the completion of
that form is another problem (Social Security card and CA driver license) that Holder needs to address.

Collapse -
"I think Holder owes the people of the US an explanation"
by Josh K / October 15, 2010 8:42 AM PDT
In reply to: She may not, Josh...

LOL yes, I'm sure millions of people are losing sleep over this and the outrage is building by the minute.

Just because he hasn't called a press conference doesn't mean nothing is being done.

Collapse -
Not only that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Mike_Hanks / October 15, 2010 9:17 AM PDT
In reply to: She may not, Josh...

But her lawyer exposed to to criminal prosecution !!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
All this crap about links to well known stories
by Ziks511 / October 15, 2010 12:10 PM PDT

heavily covered in the media. Your post was clear and to the point Ed. I understood it and I'm a million miles away in terms of distance and politics, though I agree with you on this issue. And as for resolution, that's for Customs and Immigration or ICE as they swaggeringly like to call themselves. It's the FBI, NSA, CIA, ATF testosterone rubbing off.

Rob.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.