General discussion

CD won't eject from Kenwood KDC-222

Feb 2, 2006 12:18AM PST

Hi,

Please help! I have a cheap CD (a CD-R that someone made for me) stuck in my Kenwood KCD-222 car stereo. The "IN" light flashes, but the CD won't play or eject. This happened once when it was cold, but turning the defroster on high for about 30 minutes took care of the problem. This time nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: CD won't eject from Kenwood KDC-222
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: CD won't eject from Kenwood KDC-222
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Usually not many choices.
Feb 2, 2006 12:36AM PST

I've been able to do as you noted and heat up the car, but it can point to a need to clean the contact area where the CD contacts in the center ring. This is unfortunately a not so fun task of removing the player and opening it up to clean off that area.

If you are lucky, you can try with tweezers to help the CD out. But that's what I done and share that it only helped till the next stuck CD. The final fix was to make sure the CDs have no sticky stuff on them (yuck!) and to clean the drive.

Bob

- Collapse -
stuck cd fix
Jul 18, 2006 5:22AM PDT

ive done this once before and it worked for me.I took the head unit out of my old car, went up to my attic and i threw the head unit out the window. the unit shattering into what seemed like a million pieces. the cd flew out and was unscratched.

- Collapse -
Kenwood DNX6960 CD stuck no eject?
Dec 30, 2015 10:53AM PST

Cd fix. Got stuck re set hit the dash with my (slow) fist hits (worked before) nothing, would not eject cd? So this is how I got it out fast! Push eject then got a business card held it long way with narrow end between my fingers and gently inserted it 3/4 of the way from right to left and the cd ejected quickly!
Good luck hope it works!
Note: It was a factory cd with raised art work print? This cd did this in both of my vehicles same Kenwood unit except the fist hits worked on one vehicle not on the second one, but the business card did the trick!

CNET Forums

Forum Info