Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

CD-ROM DRIVE PROBLEMS

by julival / September 25, 2004 11:27 PM PDT

MY PC IS FUJITSU AND WIN XP pro.

I HAD BEEN HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY CD-ROM DRIVES. THEY ARE RECOGNISED BY MY PC AND I HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR 3yrs.

RECENTLY, I STARTED HAVING "REQUEST COULD NOT BE PERFORMED BECAUSE OF AN I/O DEVICE ERROR". THIS HAPPENS WHEN I AM WATCHING A DVD/VCD.

SECONDLY, "THE DISC IN THE DRIVE IS NOT A WRITABLE CD OR IT IS FULL". THIS COMES UP WHEN I WANT TO WRITE OR BURN CD WITH MY CDRW DRIVE. I HAD DONE ALL THAT UPGRADING AND REPAIRING PCs BOOK SAYS THAT ONE SHOULD DO AND YET TO BE SOLVED.

I DO NOT ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEM WHEN PLAYING AUDIO CDs.

YOUR HELP IS HIGHLY NEEDED.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CD-ROM DRIVE PROBLEMS
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CD-ROM DRIVE PROBLEMS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try a new drive.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 25, 2004 11:40 PM PDT
In reply to: CD-ROM DRIVE PROBLEMS

Save yourself a lot of trouble and try a new CDRW drive.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: CD-ROM DRIVE PROBLEMS
by reipph / September 26, 2004 4:42 AM PDT
In reply to: CD-ROM DRIVE PROBLEMS

Please clarify if you have one CDROM + 1 CDRW drives.
1. It is already old and worn. Time to replace it if you will always encounter the same problem with various VCDs/CDs. You had gotten your money's worth for 3 years use.
2. Are your VCDs/CDs clean?
If you only have one drive (CDRW that is), answer is in in Item 1

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.