Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Cd Players

Alright i'll insert a cd in but both my Windows and real saids there aint a cd in the Drive is there anyway too fixed that? It's also a Cd burner too

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Cd Players
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Cd Players
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Cd Players

In reply to: Cd Players

What type of cd did you insert ?

Collapse -
Re:Re:Cd Players

In reply to: Re:Cd Players

just a Music one right now still trying too get it too work i have rolling stones in my drive but it wont boot up it's starting too make me mad would u know why its not working?

Collapse -
The CD doesn't work answer.

In reply to: Cd Players

"The highest failure rate we see on computers these days is the failure of the CD drive. It is very common. When they break the low prices of new ones make it less painfull than it used to be when they were $100+. You can get a new CD-RW for as little as $25-50 these days, that is what you probably need to do now. You can try cleaning yours with a cleaning kit, but that usually doesn't work.

- Posted by: JMarchi Posted on: 02/20/2004 5:34 AM"

The list I use.

1. CD Lens cleaner.
2. Different make of media.
3. Update the flash of the CDRW. Please don't ask me how since you just follow how the maker tells you to. My answer can't apply to the bazillion models out there.
4. Update the CDRW software.
5. And the LAST SECRET KILLER TEST I do if the user thinks the CDRW should work and doesnt?

I get a KNOPPIX CD, boot that and try K3b to record the CDR. More about that at http://tips.oncomputers.info/archives2004/0401/2004-Jan-11.htm

Or you just get a new CDRW...

Bob

- Posted by: R. Proffitt Posted on: 02/20/2004 10:26 AM

And for those that really want to know why, the CDROM repair FAQ at http://www.bithose.com/serfaq/REPAIR/F_cdfaq.html

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.