Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

cd picture extraction

Dec 14, 2007 8:41PM PST

Hope everyone has a good Christmas and just as good or better new year. My son's girlfriend has a cd vob (movie) made of her dad. She wanted to know if you can make a print of an object, such as her dad from it. The cd looks like a slideshow, but it's in the vob format and she wants a jpg type photo. I told her I didn't think you could do it without converting the files and who knows what else. Was I right to tell her that? If you can do it, how! Thanks Murman

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Many DVD/media players have a screen capture feature
Dec 15, 2007 2:25AM PST

I'd use that. We know that the videos are some 480p at best so a screen capture will do just fine.

Bob

- Collapse -
picture extraction
Dec 15, 2007 4:58AM PST

I used a movie and tried to capture a scene from it. It was powerdvd. Anyway it used a bmp and opened in paint, but when I want to print it wasn't anything but a black picture. The dvd I used was copy protected though. Don't know why it didn't print a picture

- Collapse -
The dvd I used was copy protected though.
Dec 15, 2007 5:03AM PST

Makes sense to me... As to BMP vs others, it's a GREAT CHOICE they made there. This way the person can select the compression to JPEG or other later. Hint? -> IRFANVIEW

Bob