General discussion

CD not ejecting

Win xp with sp2 installed.
I have a cd that has pictures on it. I load the cd, view the pics, email a couple, then close the cd software.
When I push the cd eject button, nothing happens.
If I go to Windows Explorer, select the cd drive, right click and then click Eject, nothing happens.
I have to reboot before I can get the cd to eject.

What can I do about this? Why can't I eject the cd using the button on the cd/dvd drive?

THANKS!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: CD not ejecting
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: CD not ejecting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
A noted issue with DirectCD.

Roxio updated their software to fix this issue. Tell what CD recording software you have and whether you updated it.

Bob

- Collapse -
software used

I don't have a clue as to the software. The cd was created at MOTOPHOTO and contains pictures and software to view it. Don't remember seeing anything on Roxio.

- Collapse -
Please use BELARC's ADVISOR to see
- Collapse -
Software

the software on the cd is NORITSU. When the main page displays it says NKC_CD_VIEWER in the upper left corner, with thumbnails of each picture.
PC is a Dell 4700, 512 meg, 67% free HD.
I just rebooted, inserted the cd, looked at thumpnails, and clicked EXIT. CD ejected as normal.

- Collapse -
As far as I can tell,

NORITSU isn't CD burning software. I checked the Dell web site and your model has two choices for factory installed CD/DVD burning software. They are Record Now! or My DVD Deluxe. Check your programs list again. Did you install your own software?

- Collapse -
And how about BELARC's report?

It usually is detailed enough to reveal what's installed.

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info