Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

cd dvd-rom

I have a windows me and I can't burn any cd's. It keeps telling me to insert a blank cd when there is one in the drive bay. Help. I'm using Roxio 6.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: cd dvd-rom
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: cd dvd-rom
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: cd dvd-rom

In reply to: cd dvd-rom

Your post never wrote the make/model/age of the CD recorder. In fact a CD DVD-ROM does not record CDR or CDRW.

Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: cd dvd-rom

It is a Dominator 4-in-1 CDRW+DVD-ROM.It is only 1 year old. Mad Dod Multimedia.I know it burns cd's because it did it before. Now it just plays cd and dvd's but to burn them it doesn't recognize a blank cd in the drive.

Collapse -

That's a classic failure syndrome. If I wanted to be sure, I would boot a KNOPPIX CD in the other CDROM drive and use K3b to test the CDRW function. The other test I do is to swap the drive and test it.

Also, try CDBURNERXP at google.com

Bob

Collapse -

I only have one cd dvd-rom on my computer

Collapse -
Re: cd dvd-rom is it dead?

In reply to: cd dvd-rom

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: cd dvd-rom is it dead?

Sorry once again I'm new to this. I didn't think that all the forums were connected. Duh!! Sorry. Anyways I I tried the pause key and all I got was
NVIDIA GeFoerce MX-200 VGA BIOS
Version 3.11.01.24.00
Copyright (c) 1996-2000 NVidia Corp.
64.0MB RAM

I went into setup and I got this
Copyright 1996-2000 Intel Corp
I long row of letters and numbers
Dell Dimension L866r
BIOS Version A09
Intel (R) Pentium (R) Processor, 866MHz
256MB System Ram
Does any of this help anyone?

Collapse -

Oh yeah Can I delete my other message so People don't don't keep answering it?

Collapse -

Nah. Someone may offer something new.

Collapse -

Believe it or not my cd dvd-rom player wassss bad!! It was practically new!!! I only had it over a year and I've had problems with it from the beginning. I thought at first it was the software because it came bundled with nero. The nero company said that it had a virus in it.(so why not recall?) So naturally I thought that was it. It took me awhile because I don't have all day to work on it, but I just replaced it and walah it works!! Word to the wise, make sure you always register your product and keep records of all the numbers on it. Also, it wouldn't hurt to get extra coverage on it for when the warrantee (manufac) is up you still have something to go on. What a big pain. Anyways thanks to all for the help!!!! Peggy

Collapse -
Here's the problem... the money...

One of my DVD recorders died at about 16 months. Since I'm pretty adept at sniffing out bad hardware I replaced the drive the next week. The replacement drive was all of 47 bucks for an 8X DVD all format recorder. Shipping a dead drive for warranty replacement can cost 1/2 of that... Not to mention your time and more.

Glad you got it fixed.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.