HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Help forum

General discussion

CD/DVD Burning

by Jackels / July 11, 2005 2:48 AM PDT

Hi
My son hopes to get a new computer and wants to copy all family photos to disk, he's tried with his program that came with his DVD drive,but "drive not reconised" message comes up, this also happens with his other drive a CD drive both drives are of course writers,any program put in the drives plays fine.
I went down today with my copy of Nero, Thinking his program may be duff,But the same thing happened, with the exeption that the second time I tried it appeared to be working Nero went 5hrough its cycle and finished, But tying to explore the Disk afterwards The same Error message comes up,Trying the disk in another computer and again the same message. any help to sort him out very welcome.
thanks ( PS he's still using 98 se)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: CD/DVD Burning
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: CD/DVD Burning
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Install and try...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 11, 2005 3:10 AM PDT
In reply to: CD/DVD Burning

CDBURNERXP which is free, works on Windows 98 and may help this issue.

Best of luck,

Bob

Collapse -
Burner programs and cd drives
by TONI H / July 11, 2005 3:13 AM PDT
In reply to: CD/DVD Burning

both need to be updated regarding the drive itself to make sure the databases are up to date. First go to the drive mfr sites and see if there are any firmware updates you can install for both.

Then go to the burner program and see if there is a separate dvd drive update that can be downloaded and installed that will then include the latest drives into its database to where it recognizes the drives correctly by manufacturer.

TONI

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.