Question

ccsvchst.exe

Ok I use Norton Internet Security 2010 on a vista Home Premium 32 bit OS

I know that the ccsvchst.exe is a file that belongs to Norton/Symantec.

However, I have noticed that some people say that in the windows task manager the item shows as

ccSvcHst.exe with teh "S" and the "H" capaitalized

mine just shows it all in lower case.
Is that a critical difference?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ccsvchst.exe
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ccsvchst.exe
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Path is more important

I think that case is not so important here. More important is path, the proper is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
So, if you have other path then be aware and better check your ccsvchst.exe on virustotal.com

- Collapse -
I use NIS 2010

The path I show is
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Engine\17.8.0.5

- Collapse -
path is ok

Don't worry you have legitimate ccsvchst.exe. Happy

- Collapse -
Thanks dh1975

but why was it stated that the path was

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe

in the earlier post?

- Collapse -
Because the actual path ...

depends on the specific Symantec product you have installed.

What was meant is that as long as the path to the file indicates it is the Symantec/Norton application's file it is OK.

Don't sweat the small stuff so much. If you have a doubt about a file like that browse to it and look at its properties and the Version tab of the properties window will show the company name, the product name, and its internal name.

CNET Forums